Author Topic: Preset help?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
Preset help?
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:29:40 am »
I recently made a preset for my oc and I would like to know how to put it up for download because I want others to see it.
Also, when I try to export it it says "export failed". How do I fix this?

Thanks,
Ashyak

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Preset help?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:24:56 am »
For the exporting error: Go into your presets folder and delete the current preset that it has in there if there is one (yours of course).
Try restarting the game completely and reexporting it after that.

As for putting it up for download, you will need to take the .fhp file and upload it to a file hosting site where people can download it from. A lot of people use MediaFire, which is what I use as well. Then, if you are planning on putting a link in your character biography, i'd recommend shortening the url with http://tinyurl.com
That and you can upload your preset to the Preset Sync in the User Panel. For more information on the Preset Sync, click here.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 05:38:09 am »
For the exporting error: Go into your presets folder and delete the current preset that it has in there if there is one (yours of course).

As for putting it up for download, you will need to take the .fhp file and upload it to a file hosting site where people can download it from. A lot of people use MediaFire, which is what I use as well. Then, if you are planning on putting a link in your character biography, i'd recommend shortening the url with http://tinyurl.com
That and you can upload your preset to the Preset Sync in the User Panel. For more information on the Preset Sync, click here.

There's nothing in the folder except the texture files (preset_3body/eye/tail and the materials file)
I have restarted the game but it still says "export failed"
I don't know what the .php file is
I just got the preset sync and there's a window that keeps popping up other preset files from other players (?) and I'm not sure if it's safe to close. Help?

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:50:00 am »

It always does this.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 06:00:33 am »
There's nothing in the folder except the texture files (preset_3body/eye/tail and the materials file)
I just got the preset sync and there's a window that keeps popping up other preset files from other players (?) and I'm not sure if it's safe to close. Help?

I am actually talking about a separate folder than the one containing your texture files. There is a "FeralHeart\my_presets" folder and a "FeralHeart\presets" folder.
You will need to go in the "FeralHeart\presets" folder and that may contain the .fhp which is the exported filetype of all presets within the game. If there are files in there that show your username, delete them and then try re-exporting the presets as stated above. ^^

If that doesn't work, you could try moving your preset over to another folder number and see if that works! (Remember to change the filenames to match the material file or vice versa)

And as for the Preset Sync window, I wouldn't recommend closing it. It eventually closes by itself after it scans what presets you currently have and don't have from the sync. Doesn't usually take too long for mine to disappear.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:05:34 am by Morgra »

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 06:16:53 am »

I am actually talking about a separate folder than the one containing your texture files. There is a "FeralHeart\my_presets" folder and a "FeralHeart\presets" folder.
You will need to go in the "FeralHeart\presets" folder and that may contain the .fhp which is the exported filetype of all presets within the game. If there are files in there that show your username, delete them and then try re-exporting the presets as stated above. ^^

If that doesn't work, you could try moving your preset over to another folder number and see if that works! (Remember to change the filenames to match the material file or vice versa)

And as for the Preset Sync window, I wouldn't recommend closing it. It eventually closes by itself after it scans what presets you currently have and don't have from the sync. Doesn't usually take too long for mine to disappear.

I waited thirty minutes to see if it would close and it didn't so I closed it myself. But whenever I open FeralHeart, that tab opens with it so I guess it's fine.
I moved the preset (preset 3) into preset 4 and it exported!! Yay!!!
But is it automatically seen by people or do I have to post a download link?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 06:21:20 am »
I waited thirty minutes to see if it would close and it didn't so I closed it myself. But whenever I open FeralHeart, that tab opens with it so I guess it's fine.

Happy to hear that worked!

You now need to take that exported file and upload it to the Preset Sync here. Sign in with your username and password and then go to where is says "Preset Uploader". Click "Choose file", navigate to the .fhp file that you would like to upload then click on "Open" in Windows Explorer once you have the file highlighted. Last but not least, click on the "Upload Preset" button and you should be good to go!

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »

Happy to hear that worked!

You now need to take that exported file and upload it to the Preset Sync here. Sign in with your username and password and then go to where is says "Preset Uploader". Click "Choose file", navigate to the .fhp file that you would like to upload then click on "Open" in Windows Explorer once you have the file highlighted. Last but not least, click on the "Upload Preset" button and you should be good to go!

My preset (preset 4) doesn't appear in the list. The only preset that shows is preset 1, which is the default feral heart 1 preset. I also exported preset 2, which is also a default preset but neither 2 or 4 are appearing.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 08:10:08 pm »
Take a look in both of the 'PrivatePresets' and the 'presets' folder. Your preset shouldn't have moved over to 'PrivatePresets' right after exporting but check that folder out just in case. If your preset isn't in either of those folders, try re-exporting it in the Preset Maker.

Something you could do to ensure that a preset file is being created with the export is:
Have the 'presets' folder open in Windows Explorer and have the Preset Maker ready as well.
Click on ''Export' in the Preset Maker.
Right at the moment the 'Preset Maker' states that the preset has been exported, refresh (there is a refresh button) the Windows Explorer window that has the presets folder open on it. You may see your preset pop up in the folder. If that happens, I would copy and paste that .fhp file to a separate location, such as your Desktop, so that way you can paste it back in the presets folder if it seems to have disappeared after you exit out of FeralHeart. That and it will be an easy location for you to find the preset file when you need to upload it to the sync.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 08:55:04 pm »
Take a look in both of the 'PrivatePresets' and the 'presets' folder. Your preset shouldn't have moved over to 'PrivatePresets' right after exporting but check that folder out just in case. If your preset isn't in either of those folders, try re-exporting it in the Preset Maker.

Something you could do to ensure that a preset file is being created with the export is:
Have the 'presets' folder open in Windows Explorer and have the Preset Maker ready as well.
Click on ''Export' in the Preset Maker.
Right at the moment the 'Preset Maker' states that the preset has been exported, refresh (there is a refresh button) the Windows Explorer window that has the presets folder open on it. You may see your preset pop up in the folder. If that happens, I would copy and paste that .fhp file to a separate location, such as your Desktop, so that way you can paste it back in the presets folder if it seems to have disappeared after you exit out of FeralHeart. That and it will be an easy location for you to find the preset file when you need to upload it to the sync.

I did it and it worked now! I uploaded it to the sync and it was successful!
One question though: Will others be able to see my preset now?