Author Topic: Constant Map Crashing  (Read 1280 times)

LonesomeRider

Constant Map Crashing
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:22 am »
The last few days I've been having problems where at least once or twice a day, every map will crash, except Ficho. I've tried resetting characters to Lonely but that gives the "will not connect to server" message. I've had it happen before, but only to Grounds. Now it's becoming more constant, and lasts at the least 15 minutes, up to an hour that I've had happen. Has anyone else who's had this problem possibly know what's going on and/or has a solution to what's happening?

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Constant Map Crashing
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:30:25 am »
This is a message you can get while changing maps and entering portals in the game.

• Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • You can also set your own preferences inside the options menu inside the game.
    Turn off water reflection, set your view distance to 0 and turn off name tags (you can always turn on name tags after you manage to get in the map).
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
  • Your computer doesn’t handle the game well due to graphics card issues and you'll have to update your graphic card drivers.
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete them.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 02:18:45 am »
Adding on to what's already been said above.
Sometimes there can be a lot of users all cluttered in a spot on the map. If that's the case, you internet might not be able to handle the lag, causing your game to crash every now and then. Following the second bullet point in Valhayes's can lessen the load on your computer.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline OceanWaves

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:42 pm »
In your main FeralHeart folder there could be a file called Badfile.reminder that will tell you what file is causing your game to crash and where is is located.
Panic! at the Disco trash #1