Author Topic: v6 Portal Crash  (Read 2909 times)

mettal

Re: v6 Portal Crash
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 03:41:00 am »
There s no way to loose your characters :D
  Ok so if i uninstall and then reinstall the game and then the two patches i wont lose the chars that way? as in they are saved on the fh server and all i'l have to do is log in?

Offline FluffyFox

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 03:48:21 am »

Ok so if i uninstall and then reinstall the game and then the two patches i wont lose the chars that way? as in they are saved on the fh server and all i'l have to do is log in?

Your characters are saved online not in the game, but they are saved on the map you had them last. So if you cant get to the map, then you cant use your character.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:50:16 am by Fluffy »

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 10:58:17 am »

Your characters are saved online not in the game, but they are saved on the map you had them last. So if you cant get to the map, then you cant use your character.

Actually, if you remove a map your character is in, your character will be in a blank world. You can send them 'home' and everything will be all good. But this method won't work if you're getting the 'Failed to connect to map server' error. To fix thsi we just have to wait. Yes, your cahracters are saved on the server, not on the game itself.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

mettal

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 03:47:57 am »

Actually, if you remove a map your character is in, your character will be in a blank world. You can send them 'home' and everything will be all good. But this method won't work if you're getting the 'Failed to connect to map server' error. To fix thsi we just have to wait. Yes, your cahracters are saved on the server, not on the game itself.
ive gotten my chars out that way many times so far just gota remove the map before i log back in after it crashes but, i suppose i'l give the uninstal and reinstaling of the game a try if that dosnt work then i suppose nothing else will

mettal

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 05:21:22 am »
WELL seems with v8 maps are working  BUT the items dont show!! i hope this is a quick fix or is this another problem with the updating of versions?, i tryed uninstalling then reinstalling the game but nothing changed