Author Topic: The Stone-Paw  (Read 3222 times)

gaele

The Stone-Paw
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:43:08 am »
The Stone-Paw
Canine Species
Created by Gaele

NOTE: I am currently working on a map of the Stone-Paws homeland! It is inspired by the British Isles, Ireland especially, so it is a green, hilly island surrounded by sea. One feature is an immense, dense forest. The forest is almost done, and it looks great! I will be sharing the map when it's complete.

----------------------------

The Stone-Paw are a canine species native to a large island very similar to Ireland or the other British Isles. They occupy both forest and plain. They share their homeland with Small-Paws; as we know them, wolves. Unlike wolves, Stone-Paw are very large animals. Males can grow to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with elk. Their bodies are as long as a lion's. Thanks to this difference in size, a single Stone-Paw can take down prey the size of an elk without help from others. As such, they are solitary hunters, like big cats, and do not live in packs.

Apart from their great size, Stone-Paw are set apart from wolves by the short mane that grows down their backs, as well as the tufts of hair on the back of their legs. Their fur is also marked with what they call the Mark of the Stone-Mover. They are blessed by the Stone-Mover, who thanked them for a great service long ago that set them apart from their Small-Paw cousins.

The fur of the Stone-Paw varies in shades of brown, grey, black, white, and gold. Their eyes are either green or blue. It is said that their eyes reflect the green grass of the hills and the blue of the sea surrounding their home.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:00:16 am by Hannah »

gaele

Re: The Stone-Paw
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:54:48 am »
A grey variation of the Stone-Paw:

Guide to Stone-Paw Creation
Stone-Paw are canines. To achieve the correct anatomy, there are a few specifications you will need.

Drag the height, length, and width sliders all the way to the right for the correct size.
Use Pit-Bull ears.
Flatten the forehead, lengthen the muzzle, and raise the bridge of the nose as much as possible.
Shrink the eyes a little, but not too much.
Add a little to a lot of weight, depending on the age and gender of your character. A thin Stone-Paw would be young, or a female adult.
Use the Thin Tail, with no markings added.
The body needs the Celtic Markings. The face Markings can vary, but they should NOT be anything bold or outlandish, like tiger stripes, spots, Skull, etc. Subtle, natural-looking markings are best.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:55:02 am by Hannah »

gaele

Offline River-White-Wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I like dragons, I like Sprite, I like Minecraft.
    • View Profile
Re: The Stone-Paw
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:58:01 pm »
AWWWEEEESSOOOOMMMMEEEE

No, really. Great species, I ought to make one.
I am a crazy weirdo, with waaaay too many FH characters and a love of being insane. If you see any mentions of the characters Ruins and Nightshadow, they are a few of my favorite spoof/spazzing/general randomness characters, and I generally use them or at least mention while spazzing about.
In short, I am a crazy maniac. Deal with it.