Author Topic: WhiteLightHeart's Art Sturf [Update 5/16/13]  (Read 35216 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
WhiteLightHeart's Art Sturf [Update 5/16/13]
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:06:23 am »
HA. HA. It's FUNNY.

Hellu, there~

I'd like to thank you for checking out my little work in progress, since I figured it was about time I threw some of my art into a thread to share. <3

Mini-update, with my odd horse/dino.
5/16/2013

OLD(er) SCHOOL n' stuff

This one picture started my obsession with drawing horses (drawing in general) my freshman year of high school. Lulz, little Argentinian Criollo mare. <3
Dated approximately 1/5/10

I call him Axel. c8
Dated 2/9/10

I never gave this pretty boy a name.
Dated 2010

Redcoat. <3
Cimmaron's (below) only brother, and my best friend's favorite toy horse. He was a grumpy derp, but boy did we love them.

Oh, my darling Cimmaron. <3
This horse is by far my oldest 'roleplay' character in my lifetime, considering that he was a toy horse I would always play with at my babysitter's house with my best friend, from the day I got that toy. Cimmy still sits on the desk in my bedroom to this day, with his mate and son, Kate and Browncoat. <3
They're all worn with age and have chipped paint, but in my imagination I still see them running across the magnificent fields of my babysitter's living room floor, living out countless adventures like they used to when I was little. <3
Dated 2010

Cute derp with a butterfly nosey.
Dated 2010

I started to really get the hang of drawing horses around this time, anatomically. Ish. xD
Dated 2010

I call it 'Cookie'. <3
Dated Spring 2010

You might recognize this pose from somewhere..
Dated spring 2010

"Breathe."
I always did adore this one- Dat pose.
Dated summer 2010

Ah, the floofy-footed Gypsy Vanners. <3
Dated summer 2010

Behold the landing leap~
Dated summer 2010, the day school let out my freshman year, sitting in my math class while the long-term substitute teachers taught the rest of the class to play Poker. 'Twas an interesting day.

"Do you have to go?"
I never fully colored this one in, but it was on purpose.
I called it "September," as it was a little tribute, in my own mind, to a very special friend of mine at the time.
DEEP STUFF, BRA.
Dated Fall 2010, my sophomore year of high school. xD

And finally, ending my horse drawings from underclassman years with this cute derp. c:
Dated Winter 2010, also from my sophomore year. ^.^

Behold an ancient Divided Skies artifact; The first-ever sketch of my oldest and most famous character, Allegra. xD She's missing several of the scars she has now, and also undertook a slight character change since then, but it's still cute, I'd say.
I'd date this back to December 2011.

Pups. <3
Also a Divided Skies sketch, dating back to 12/6/2011. This is a non-canon sketch of Allegra's first litter, with her first (and only true<3) mate, Coda. Top left is Caitir, played by Mafia/Silent Muse. The sleepy-looking baby below her is Cosmos (played by myself), Allegra's lost pup, who never actually met all of her siblings (making this image non-canon to the story). The back/middle is Willow, whose eye I totally messed up (xD), and was played by LilacPetals/GreySkies. The right is Singe, the only boy of the litter, played by Meiari. And finally, the front/center is Kaila, who (as far as Allegra knows) is the last surviving pup fathered by Coda. She's now nearly two years old, and played by Darkwolf5573. <3
You can uh, kinda see how my art has improved since this time. XD

Rina! <3 Also a Divided Skies sketch and one of the most well-known faces in Divided Skies, who sadly died this past fall (in the RP xD). She was played by Silvertide, and you can see this picture as her avvie if you ever see Tidey running around in the forums. :3
Dated 12/13/2011

Hoo, boy... It's that satin and cyanide smirk of Lithilace!!! Her full name is Lithium Solace, and is perhaps one of the most intricately developed (and also screwy) characters I have ever had the curse/pleasure to roleplay with. XD Played by Meiari, this eccentric and very unique coy-wolf is a controversial character that is a tortured soul in need of love to some, and a hated villian to others. She is the only wolf Allegra would ever kill in cold blood, if that tells you anything. XD However, I still love this pain in the booty, and Mei for being such a fabulous writer. <3
Dated to about 12/20/2011

Dyox. <3 Also one of Meiari's characters, he was a mellow, but lovable wolf that I never had much of a chance to roleplay with before he died. This image is a little tribute to him. c:
Dated about 12/28/2011

Lolz. Guess who?
Allegra again, with the scars a bit more accurate, although this was shortly before her redesign, so it isn't entirely accurate anymore. The tail is too long, the front legs too short, but I still think the expression is accurate for my light-hearted main character. ^-^" In this particular draw, Alle is about 4 years old. (She's 6, now. Har.)
Dated around 1/15/2012

Above is Strawbluey, who is one of my main OC characters. You may see her around every now and then. c: She was the first legitimate work I did using image-editing (GIMP, and a laptop touchpad, specifically. xD)

Above is sweet little Racan, a commission I did for Woofkita. :3 It was one of the first times I tried out this pose, and I'm very happy with how he turned out. <3

Above is Linger, my beloved winged lion. <3 I hadn't broken out my old love of drawing wings, obsessing over the anatomy, etc., in a while, but I was very surprised, and pleased, with how this turned out. :D I also noted here that just in these past three drawings, my style improved (look closely at the paws, and you'll see it o-o). My only complaint with this is that the silver bands around his wingfeathers don't look as sparkling as I'd hoped, but that's partly because they were a last-minute addition. -shrug- Either way, I had fun wiff this. <3

Har, this be one of my 'crud collages.' It is as confusing as it looks, (xD), but it's basically what happens, collectively, during my free time at school. I call this a tribute to my junior year of high school.
Zoom for full effect.

Guess who? ;3 Thrillex's commission, and I adore how her eyes came out. <3 Love ya, Thrillehfloof!

Here's a familiar face. c;
Lord Suragaha~ I tell you, this was one of my more difficult pieces. While it was still on paper, I went through a total of four different sketches/poses before I made one I was happy with, and that one ended up being a traditional pose. Yet, it still retains the quiet authority I picture this character to have in a state of calm. It turned out pretty snazzy, if I might say so myself. c8
Love chu, Sura~! c:

A commission for Rustys~ Ze kitty fursona, CharChar! <3
Now, it's evident that I had a bit of trouble with this one... I wanted to challenge myself and have a forward-facing profile, that way the distinctions between the markings on each side of his body can be seen.
Either way, I adore this pose in cats. <3 If only the cats on FH could tuck their paws under themselves and do this~

A commission for Feareh~<3
I've gotta say, I had one heck of a time with this pose, and more so with THESE DERPING SPOTS. AHHH. -flails-
I think it turned out alright, though... c;

This was a request by Fantasyna, or her character, Amaryl! :D I simply adored the cuteness of this kitty, and even while I was drawing her lineart during school, someone walked by and said, "Awhh, you're drawing a pretty. :3"
That pretty well sums this up. <3 Pretty kitteh. c:

Here's this fanceh ladeh~
A request for Crinni, and yet another pose I've never tried before, particularly with a lioness (ligress? o:) I usually have a fluffier character whose fur would help cover some of the any anatomical features that were giving me trouble, but this pose was very open, and even without the extra floof, she turned out great. <3
I'm really happy with this one. ^.^ Love ya, Crinni!

And, here's the request for Wolfkate. c:
I tried out a new pose, and to be honest I'm really very happy with it!

Another, long-awaited request for Thrillex! <3 That is, her other character, Skrillex. c; Cyan, teal, and white all over, I had a time working with this guy's pose, but I love how he turned out.

A little side project I whipped up, which I call a my 'floaty-thingies'. I can make multiple versions of these in a fairly short amount of time, so if you'd like me to make you one of my floaties, just let me know. Even if main requests are closed, just tell me your favorite colors, and I can whip up a floaty for chu. <3

This is something I threw together messily in my biology class, and yes, it is a horse with a dinosaur head.
Make of him what you will.

To be included in future updates:
- Mebbeh some random doodles I've been doing~

Requests Closed
Floaties are always open, though.

Current Projects

-

Currently not taking requests, although you may see some gifts for various floofs popping up here and there. <3

Thank you for viewing!
Remember, constructive criticism is welcomed, as I'm always trying to improve my work. c:

Please do not claim anything in here that isn't yours... 'Cause that's not nice. N' sturf.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:46:28 pm by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: WhiteLightHeart's Art Sturf (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:37 pm »
I really love your style x3 All your characters look so animated and warm. Your personality spills right out of them, colorful, sweet, and friendly :3. Can you link your DA here x3? I'd love to see more of your work :3!

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: WhiteLightHeart's Art Sturf [Update 2/18/13]
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:23 pm »
Thank you so much! :D  It really means a lot. <333 And sadly, I don't have a dA, but once I get a little more of my art scanned into my computer, I think I may look into that. :D

And uh, updated. xD
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:39:30 am »
Its so beautiful i see you improved alot in your drawings and i love the way you drew the wings you really have talent

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »
Its so beautiful i see you improved alot in your drawings and i love the way you drew the wings you really have talent

Awhh, thank you Fantasyna! :D That means a lot, floof. I really appreciate it.<3
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:37 pm »
Very creative, lovely work!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 08:34:20 pm »
Very creative, lovely work!

D'aw, thank you, floofie. ^.^ I really appreciate it!
|| Thank you. <3 ||

JackobLoveu

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »
-Le gasp- I love you work. It so detailed and very colorful. I love them all! c: Keep up the good work! c:

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 08:57:43 pm »
-Le gasp- I love you work. It so detailed and very colorful. I love them all! c: Keep up the good work! c:

*Squee* Thank you! :D <3 I'm very glad you like eet~

(And, I'm having fun working on your commission. ^.^ -wiggles- The lineart for your charrie and Sura's are finished, I've just gotta get some time to sit down and color them. <33)
|| Thank you. <3 ||

JackobLoveu

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »
(It's fine^^)
You're welcome^^