Author Topic: When mate begging goes too far  (Read 26787 times)

Offline kyoushiro

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • becky
    • View Profile
When mate begging goes too far
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:41:28 pm »
Ok so i was being my Leopard Brad in Cape Of Distant Worlds and this is a example when mate begging goes to far:

F Leopard: -Sees brad and runs up to- Hi                                                                                                                                    Me: The male swung around and stared at the female "Hello Madame" he purred.                                                                       So she started sitting beside me and doing the "lick" emote to my face so i said:
 Me: "I'm not currently looking for a mate right now, Sorry" He said firmly, standing up.                                                            F Leopard: Now excuse me, i'm going to kill myself
I was like "what the fudge dude?" and my sister was like "Drama Llama"

Your free to post any weird experiences like this                                                                

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: When mate begging goes too far
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:36:06 pm »
It seems all mate beggers are forceful and if you reject them they take it seriously. They need to understand that you should give people space and that having a mate isn't the most important thing in the world. >.<

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »
Murr... ._. It was more than likely some kid out there that wanted to guilt-trip you for rejecting them. That wasn't right, but you weren't at all in the wrong, Shroomfloof. xD

I had a weird experience the other day, though.

I was on Linger (me winged lion), laying in Fluorite, in another window while working on a commission.
I'd derped and forgotten FH was up, so when I clicked back into the FH window, there was a tan-ish lioness with bright white markings, white wings, and silver eyes, very much like Linger's. She was laying across his forepaws, and I realized that I had three friend requests from this lioness, and two group requests to a group called "Im love you."
I was like "o-o *Cough* How flattering."
After scrolling up a bit, I realized that she'd also whispered me, saying things like-
"hey"
"hey want 2 b my boy?"
"will u be my mate?"
It was really odd, so I jumped up and scooted to the side a little so she wasn't laying on Linger anymore, and just said "Oh, hey. Didn't see ya there, floof. ^.^'"
So, I just pretended not to notice the things she'd sent, so I guess she understood that and moved along after a bit.

Ah, insta-mating. o.o
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »
>.< I hate mate beggars. Do any of you guys thinks this is annoying.I also hate this and never what to be anyone's "mate" because you never the person background can be a boy. Meaning, If I'm on my character it's a female. (of course) then suddenly a "male" comes up to me. "You're cute."
(MeH)"Erm.Thanks..but just for the record im looking for a mate."
"Oh come on..I'm looking for a mate..So what to be mine?"
NO!! I never what to do this..It's disgusting and I'm not that type of girl, and besides my sisters and mom said never do dirty talk to anyone because it might be a man talking you and sometimes they might ask you personal questions.Yeah. I really hate mate beggars and etc. Wait, am I being off topic?

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »
@Thrilly, well, no, it's not really off-topic. o: Some people do like to do the quick-mating thing just to do some creepy stuff, especially considering we're still on the interwebs. Interwebs get scary at times. Most floofs aren't like that when they're looking for a mate, but it can still happen. Cautiousness, and getting to know your prospective 'mate' ideally should be done after roleplaying together for some time (in my opinion).
So, I understand where you're coming from, there. LadyAlizarin made a thread very similar to that topic, recently, come to think of it~
|| Thank you. <3 ||

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:22:35 pm »
Ah..Okay.Thank you.

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:37:08 pm »
Murr... ._. It was more than likely some kid out there that wanted to guilt-trip you for rejecting them. That wasn't right, but you weren't at all in the wrong, Shroomfloof. xD

I had a weird experience the other day, though.

I was on Linger (me winged lion), laying in Fluorite, in another window while working on a commission.
I'd derped and forgotten FH was up, so when I clicked back into the FH window, there was a tan-ish lioness with bright white markings, white wings, and silver eyes, very much like Linger's. She was laying across his forepaws, and I realized that I had three friend requests from this lioness, and two group requests to a group called "Im love you."
I was like "o-o *Cough* How flattering."
After scrolling up a bit, I realized that she'd also whispered me, saying things like-
"hey"
"hey want 2 b my boy?"
"will u be my mate?"
It was really odd, so I jumped up and scooted to the side a little so she wasn't laying on Linger anymore, and just said "Oh, hey. Didn't see ya there, floof. ^.^'"
So, I just pretended not to notice the things she'd sent, so I guess she understood that and moved along after a bit.

Ah, insta-mating. o.o
Geez Whitey, that's really creepy. It was like she was trying to copy your look so that you could be compatible or something. Gives me the shivers. >.<

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:47:42 am »
@Tidey, isn't it weird? XD And I guarantee you that's why she looked like Linger (more than likely trying to be the same 'species' as him, although he's just a winged lion).
I 'unno. Crazy floofs. c:>
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 01:05:04 am »
Freaky...happened to me once,
<Halo FAllosaur (me)> She lay on the rock warming her pebbly skin,swishing her thick tail
<Fain MAllosaur> "Hi I need a mate,"
He looked just like Halo (wolf model,blueish gray with white tiger markings but skinnier)
<Halo FAllosaur> "No thanks,I am not looking."
<Fain MAllosaur> "But our names are the same length!And our markings are the same!"
what does name length have to do with having a mate >_>
<Halo FAllosaur> "I told you,I am not looking for a mate.Now please leave me in peace."
<Fain MAllosaur> FINE -goes offline-
So I rped a bit when this huge unrealistic thing comes on,I didn't know what it was until I saw the name -.-
<FAIN MKILLER> -kills Halo then snaps her neck-
<Halo FAllosaur> What did I do?
<FAIN MKILLER> YOU WOULDN"T BECOME MY MATE SO I WILL KILL YOU!NOW YOU ARE DEAD GO OFFLINE AND NEVER COME ON!
I blocked him and about 5 minutes later I unblocked him (like a punishment) and he was still raging so I blocked him for good

mate beggars...if you don't want to be this person,listen to what the other person says and respect their posts.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:54:08 am »
Wow, Duna... That's probably one of the most dynamic rejections I've ever heard of. o-o

Nutsy floof, yet again. But, as you said, respect for others is just common sense in any situation. xD
|| Thank you. <3 ||