Author Topic: A New Game for the Forums  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
A New Game for the Forums
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:24:22 am »
Ok, so I wanted other people's input on this idea before I actually do something about it. And if also there is actually enough players to do this. But I've been thinking of ways for people to know each other more and more here on the forums besides occasionally dropping by a trend and seeing them in it. So I was thinking of a game called " Who's that Floof?"

How does this work?
Ok, so here's how I picture the game working. There will be a featured picture of someone's fursona and it will be cut up in four parts. When the game starts, you only get to see one section of the four parts before actually seeing the full and final picture. As the weeks go by, another section of the picture will be viewable(possibly). Now the thing to the game is you need to figure out who's that floof in the square. When no one is able to figure out who it is, the game resets to a new floof. I order to be featured in this game, you need to have over 200-300 posts and must have a fursona. Also, whoever is put in the box is random and not based just friend my friend list. When you have a answer to who's in the box, you send me a PM so to avoid cheating.

Prizes
For the ones who do get it right, they will be in the raffle for the next game and or get there very own picture of there fursona drawn by me.

Again this idea is just something I've been thinking about for a while, and since I'm doing all the drawing and prizes I'm just looking for other people's input before I actually go through the work. Idk, it's probably just alot of work for me to do, but just a idea I want to throw out there.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline HollowWolf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: A New Game for the Forums
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:02:39 am »
Ok. First, I think 200-300 posts is a little too much (Only because I am not up to it yet). I have been in fh since January 2012. And since I can't access my old account, I would have atleast over 200. Second, well, there is no second! This a an amazing idea! I think it would be fun! But as I stated, maybe lower the 200-300 post thing. ^.^'

Good idea though!
Side account for Sigyn

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 01:41:04 pm »
Who's that Pokemon :D -oops wrong game- >.>

but yeah I'm a little confused by this but it really sounds like fun. It would definately encourage people to have fursona of their own & it would definitely be an interesting way of getting to know more people on the forum and their characters but where exactly would this feature be added? Like I mean what part of the forum? That's the only part I'm a little fuzzy on. Is this just a regular game for the game section or a bigger thing of its own for the forum? Also I do agree with what iMistress said maybe you can lower the requirement to senior members and up? I can understand that you'd put the limit that high because you only want people who are truly active because it would be terrible for you to do that art for someone who barely comes around. Hmm... 

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57:52 pm »
Well yeah I guess I would lower the require amount of post then, but to wander Lord it would be kinda like who's that pokemon, but I'm not sure staff would give me a section for this game. That's why I think it may be lost in the regular forum game section due to the extreme amount there is there.

And yeah I want to try to encourage people to truly have a face here instead of gif images of other things. I think if more people made there fursona here, we would get to know what they look like in game and or people will get them know them more.

But I guess that's the whole point of MOTS too, but I would think guessing who's that floof would be a more fun way to show your face around besides the MOTS. it's a good way to get recognition here.

Again...it's just a idea. And prizes will be done all by me, so I'm not asking staff to provide with prizes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:01:57 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:58 pm »
I think it's a wonderful idea Feareh and thank you for clarifying those bits for me. I actually would love to see something like this having its own section in the forum. I like your reasons for doing it and I think it would be a fun thing to take a shot at. This idea could even count as a possible mini contest for the forum. Who knows maybe some other artist would like to pitch in and help. I hope the admins consider it :)

Offline candy2468

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • ACCOUNT MOVED!!! Username: Sukani
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:05:35 pm »
*Squeals*
Feareh, chu are brilliant. I understand the game and totally support it!

I think it would be a really good and fun way to get a lot of floofs to know each other better.

And I agree with Sura, it would be interesting to have it as a mini contest for the forum, but anyway, great idea, you should definitely create this!<3

~Candy
ACCOUNT MOVED!!!
My new account is: Sukani

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:53 am »
This would be great! I love the idea and hope you do this!

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 07:52:26 pm »
Ahh, I do like this idea very much. It sounds rather fun, to begin with. ~ Hopefully the admins could consider placing this feature somewhere, but if not, I still say that this will be a wonderful idea.

I just hope it pulls through, because it seems like this would mean a whole lot to ye'... and to all others who get to participate in the actual game / contest as well. Again, lovely idea. I'm in on it. cB

In-Game User: ex0rcist