Author Topic: Assassin's Creed IV: [Black Flag]  (Read 2435 times)

SoulRevenge

Assassin's Creed IV: [Black Flag]
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:09:27 am »
The first ridiculously long paragraph is simply an introduction to Assassin's Creed to those who do not know what it is. It has nothing to do with the actual release or storyline of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, which is not known much about. Skip to the paragraph which has a link above it to get on with what little information I know about Black Flag

I'm not sure who else here on the forums is a big fan of Assassin's Creed. For those who do not know what it is and would be interested in it, Assassin's Creed is a game-series which seems to mainly revolve around Desmond Miles, whom is gaining information about his assassin ancestors through a device known as the animus. Assassins and Templars seem to be at war from first glance, however this long thought-out battle seems to have quite a few twists and turns, especially in the latest actually-released game.
Ancestors' memories which were explored so far are that of Altair, who was the prontagist of the first game and a very important figure, although he did not exist until years after the formation of the orginal Assassin's order. Ezio Auditore da Firenze, whom seems to be the creators favourite- having been in three games, Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Connor Kenway seems to be quite a few people I knows' favourite, though- the prontagist of Assassin's Creed III. His storyline was rather interesting, having been fathered by Haytham Kenway, a Templar, and of course, there's Edward Kenway (Or so I've heard that is his name.), in which we do not know much about, the game not being released to public quite yet.
If you have an issue with blood, gore, cussing, or the occasional 'sexual scene', I wouldn't recomend this series to you. . . /Glances at 'Sexual Scenes' part (CoughcoughEzioandEdwardcoughcough)

And, well, if you are familiar with Assassin's Creed, I do suppose you are already entirely aware of the future-release of Assassin's Creed IV, who's future prontagist from what I heard, will be Edward Kenway- an Assassin raised by Pirates. Below is the official world-wide trailer for the game, which is yet to be released [In accordance to Gamestop, the Black Flag will hit stores October Twenty-Ninth, 2013). For those who do not play Assassin's Creed, thus are not aware of what the gameplay holds, take note that this trailer contains violence and very brief nudity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMcMph-TW9I

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I can't wait for the arrival of this game; To be honest, III was kind of a let-down for me. Although Connor's storyline was interesting, his overall character didn't appeal to me, and I instead grew interested in Haytham and other characters rather than him. Edward, from only the trailers, however- seems terribly interesting.

So, who else can't wait for the arrival of our new Assassin~?

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Re: Assassin's Creed IV: [Black Flag]
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:20:51 pm »
The first paragraph contains further facts and insight within both game and the character. There are no specific answers to solid release dates (as the developers/company may restate a shorter wait period or longer), how much gameplay time, or the plot of Edward Kenway's life besides the brief summary. The modern story which was previously belonging to Desmond Miles is now following the player who is a Abstergo researcher with DNA retrieved from William Miles, Desmond's father.  

I can confirm to you that yes, Edward Kenway, is the name of the protagonist for "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag." (And to add more information) Our new nautical assassin is the father of Haytham Kenway, the secondary protagonist/antagonist from "Assassin's Creed III" but during the time frame in which the game is happening, Haytham wasn't conceived or born yet but only Jenny (Edward's first daughter and only child from his first wife.) Those that have read "Assassin's Creed: Forsaken," can get more in depth with Edward Kenway's family in the 'future (in terms for the game.)

There is no honest confirmation regarding Edward's personality or quirks except for those present in "Assassin's Creed: Forsaken" as the years have gone by since he was a pirate down in the Caribbean. I hope hope he isn't another Ezio  (maybe a dab bit of similarities but you understand what I mean) as Connor Kenway's character was truly stoic but it represents him in its own unique way. Try sitting down and doing a character analysis on him; you'd be surprised on what you can pick up (and connect several events to several motives/personality traits.)

In honesty, Altair is my favorite as I assumed Ezio always got the better end of the stick and could carelessly choices and have them work out (but then again, he was evolved throughout the games into a great character.) Connor is a close second with Ezio and Desmond. Yes, I do qualify Desmond as an assassin and enjoy his character very much despite not much attention being drawn to the modern storyline. I just wished that Desmond could be sen as a main character too that can be voted on.

Overall, I can't wait for the new assassin to come rowing in! I'm still waiting to see if they'lll have "pirate subtitles" for the game. That'll be the best.

(Also, Blacki ,you have a typo in this segment:  "...having been in three games, Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations." )

SoulRevenge

Re: Assassin's Creed IV: [Black Flag]
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:29:20 pm »
Pfft, thanks for pointing out that typo. I seem to just constantly have them. Too lazy to pre-read everything I post before posting it, I guess?

Anyway, I thank you greatly for information on Edward. I didn't know much at all to be honest, and never really expected for him to be the father of Haytham, since the game often times does not go backwards, if you know what I mean. I haven't been much caught up with the actual books though, so information about a lot of things is somewhat scarce to find within my mind.

As for another Ezio- well, he seems to have that sort of 'womanizing' trait in him, though this is simply an assumption I've made through any information I've gathered so far. I think Ezio has already quite gained his share of games as it is. . . having been in three like I stated before (Though I still think of him as my favourite so far.) Connor's overall character wasn't that bad, however I found a lot of his choices to be somewhat reckless, however; his choices did lead up to quite a bit in which fed the plot.
Altair would be my 'second-favourite', I found his transformation from an 'arrogant fool' to a wise man to be interesting, and his overall character personality seemed to fit what you would imagine in an Assassin well. I haven't gone much depth into Desmond, though I do admit that the short moments of game-play that you get with him tend to be rather interesting.

But yes, like you said; I can't wait for the actual game to come out. The entire idea of anything well. . 'pirate-ish' seems ridiculously interesting to me, and since I've always found a sort of interests in pirates, I can barely wait for the end of October.