Author Topic: New Type of Contest  (Read 3118 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
New Type of Contest
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:01 pm »
Hi guys. So I was on the Character Forum and suddenly thought of an idea. What about a contest for the Best Character Bio/Story?

I like this idea because it gives other users an opportunity to take part in contests because after all not everyone can draw or do presets. Also it would give the creative people who like to write more to take part in.
This seems quite simple to me because it would be fairly similar to how the MOTS voting is done but with some requirements. First of all, the bio/history/story of your character would have to be on the Character Forum (Link at the bottom of this post). It wouldnt be accepted if it was the users bio as well. Then others would be looking for stuff like a picture of the character what personality he/she has and the description of the characters appearance. You'd also might look for info like gender, age, rank, current pack/pride, birth pack/pride and stuff like that.
First, if others like your character's story/bio and thought that it deserved to get nominated, then of course they would nominate it. Next, everyone except for the people with 3/3 votes would be eliminated and then the voting would continue from there. Finally, the three people with the most votes in the final "round" would get an award of some sort or maybe they're story could get featured. Please say if you like this idea or not and if you feel like adding something to my idea go ahead and tell me and I might add it.

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=40.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:20:35 am by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: New Type of Contest
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:47:03 pm »
Its a difficult concept to kinda grasp, but I think I fallow you a little.
But(this is just me) i'm not its a idea I want to fallow with. Why, cause then it will somewhat discourage other users that there bios are not as good when some bios like mine, tell personal things and as well a small bio for my Feareh. Perhaps a Character Design concept will actually make people want to create impressive designs on there fursonas. I think with some kinks to work out it might be a good idea.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:23 am »
Haha! I didn't really know if anyone would understand my idea or not 'cuz I am pretty bad at explaining ideas. And about the discouraging others thingy. Well, like, I didn't really mean to be offensive but I can see your point. It might discourage others if they lost but if thats that then what about to MOTS? If someone tried to get the MOTS title and didn't win don't ya think they would look down on their self too. It shows that its just one of those things thats hard to avoid in contests. Actually most contests have that, I'm not really sure if there's a contest where someone doesn't look down on their self when they lose. I've been in many contests, and someone there's someone who's always hurt because they didn't win. Sadly, I think that's just the way things go :-[

Preset Download

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:38:06 am »
Hmm... This reminds me almost of a mix between preset contests and the old story-writing contest that took place a year or so ago.

Personally, I do like the idea of a character bio/story contest. It would put a little spotlight on some of the community's most beloved characters, and bring out some of the heartfelt stories kept behind them. Of course, there would have to be some parameters around the characters, like making sure they're character bios, rather than a user's personal bio mixed in with a character as an avatar. And, maybe there would be certain details that would be looked for in the bio, such as the character's history, their personality, and maybe even a little written-out short roleplay post within the bio, viewed from the character's eyes.

Throwing around ideas. ^^" I like it, though. If it catches on, I imagine it would be fun getting to see what kind of original characters might surface.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:35 am »
Yes! Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind WhiteLightHeart! Thank you, I'll make sure to add your idea. Thanks once again! ;)

Preset Download

BouncyLion101

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:18:00 am »
Hmm..not a bad idea. I like it, it could bring out the more creative writing side of people.~
I also love reading biographies, so that's the main reason I want this lol.

But another reason I like this is that everyone can take part in it. Some people can't draw and don't know or can't make nice presets. But everyone can write and be creative with biographies. c:

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:13 am »
As like said above, it is complex to do this type of stuff but by the quantity and good use of words and all, sure this could be a good contest to compete for. It would really make people be creative.

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 11:33:06 am »
The main goal for this is to create a contest in which everyone can part in. BouncyLion101, you do have a point, not everyone can do presets and draw, but everyone at least knows how to write. This would give the creative people more to take part in. I'll add that as well. Thanks! ;)

Preset Download

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 02:39:23 am »
I like the idea, Maybe a Admin will look into this...
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:18:01 am »