Author Topic: Some short easy steps to help become literate!  (Read 2958 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Some short easy steps to help become literate!
« on: August 23, 2013, 07:54:03 pm »
Alot of people want to become literate, but they don't even know the first step. So, I took the time to think up a guide to help the illiterates become literate, or at least semi literate. Just follow the step by step instruction, and if you did it right, you should be able to improve your literacy more.
  First, don't type so fast like your in a rush. If you are in a hurry, take your time. Typing fast just makes your typing worse.

Second, stop the text talk. You might like it, but trust me, nobody likes it. It is hard to read, and it shows you don't care how you type things. If you don't know how to spell something, don't text talk, just try your best.

Third, use punctuation, such as . ! ? " and so on. Punctuation is extremely useful in seperating sentences from speech and other sentences.

Fourth, be creative in your writing. Don't just type 4 boring sentences: He woke up. He walked outside. He killed prey. He ate the prey. Be creative! Add some details to your sentence!

Fifth, start capitalizing things. Don't type: henry nodded and walked outside. his clothes had dried from the storm. You all probably should have known this since 1st grade, but capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

Sixth, don't rush into strictly literate rps. Slowly climb the ladder. If you go into those literate rps, you would be like, "What did you just say?" "What does that word mean?" Start with rps that allow illiterates, then once you learn more, start joining semi literates. After you learn more, join literate rps!

Seventh, literacy is NOT just about big posts and big vocab. It is also avoiding powerplay, autohit, insta-kill, and god mod. That means don't kill someone on the first post by turning into a dragon and breathing fire on them.

Eighth, NO WOLFSPEAK! Wolfspeak is a huge No, No in the world of literacy. Wolf speak is basicly using words that don't even match the body part your talking about. Banner for a tail. It would be cool to have a flag on your tail, but still, it is wolfspeak. There is a topic in the Game Discussion thread that explains more about Wolfspeak, and all the words for Wolf-Speak.

I hope this helped, and I hope you people struggling with becoming literate are on the road to Literacy!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 11:23:06 pm by Dunastar »

Offline Howl at the Moon

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I may be a simple human, but I have a Wolf's Heart
    • View Profile
Re: Some short easy steps to help become literate!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 04:23:24 pm »
Nice tutorial Dunastar :) I don't think you missed anything at all. +Floof for you for helping people new to rping :)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

8 simple and easy steps. Well done, Duna :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:25:47 pm »
Brilliant, Duna. This will help a lot of floofies. ^^

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »
This is very helpful and kind of you, Duna! Good job on this and i'm sure those in need of help will look towards this. ;3 Again, wonderful job!

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 11:27:34 pm »
Nicely made tutorial Dunastar. Lol, the best guiding advice I'd give would be to read a book. XD Thus, you get a nuzzle from me. ~ +   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 11:57:59 pm »
Nice job. Simple, sweet, and to the point. I'm sure many will find this helpful once they stumble across it.
gone