Author Topic: Ignoring other Forum Posts/Threads?  (Read 3871 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Ignoring other Forum Posts/Threads?
« on: September 17, 2013, 11:33:43 pm »
I have seen alot of this, and it is quite disappointing. I don't know if it's the titles or if people just don't like the person. My friend PMed me and said that one of their rps is getting neglected.
  I don't see how it works, but take the Preset board for example. Someone posts their presets on a board, and is also willing to take Preset requests. But another person posts the exact same thing a full day later, and it gets more views/replies. I don't know if the person is more 'popular' or if the people viewing it just don't like the person who posted the first one.
  Same with the Off-topic Roleplay board. Some people just jump to conclusions and think the rp will end up bad. You don't know that! It could be one of the most interesting rp you joined! It might have a bad title, but have you heard the saying, 'Never just a book by the cover'? Same with boards. Maybe the person is just bad at making up titles.

Now I saw this alot in the RIP General thread. Staff members said that they might reconsider adding General again, but Lo and Behold, someone is too lazy to read what they posted and will cry and whine about it being gone. I don't see the point in not reading it. 'I didn't want to read it. It was too long!' Well, the Staff member actually said they might add General back, but they would have to think about the pros and cons about it. Maybe it was worth reading then?

ThrillexForLife

Re: Ignoring other Forum Posts/Threads?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:44:31 pm »
First off, thank you for writing this thread. -Floof- We really need to talk about this :(

Second off, this really happens to me a lot. When I make a thread about something, I might be annoying with it because I am a girl that needs lot of attention. But still people still ignore my threads. (not saying names) And I see this; I really get hurt...Sometimes it disappoints me because no one is reading my thread. Anyway, Duna, I totally understand/agree your point. It is kinda frustrating when someone ignores you threads mainly... >.<

Don't worry. You're not the only one. ::)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:19:55 am »
-Shrugs- I don't know really. It could be that the people reading your posts don't know what to say regarding your subject. I don't know, I can't really speak for the community of Feral Heart.
Sometimes my posts don't get many replies to them. I guess it all depends on the subject being discussed on the thread. I don't think it has anything to do with someone's popularity. It's a possiblity, but I'm not sure if someoene's popularity contributes to how many people will reply to their forum threads.
Inactive

Offline ||Deadmau5||

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 12:29:42 am »
A lot of my close friends have had the same problem, like one of them needed a preset desperetly and there were many views on it but no one replied. She later posted something in one of the Preset Request threads (Not saying who's) but that was also ignored. It was a fairly easy preset honestly but her computer just couldn't make it. She told me that people with a lot more complicated presets were getting more replies then the simple preset she needed.

Anyway back on topic, it seems people read threads but never really say anything or just plain ignore them. I believe it is unfair to the people that work really hard on something and their entire thread gets ignored! I try my best to reply to any threads that interest me in any way. Glad you brought this to attention Dunastar.

~Mau

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 12:30:59 am »
If it comes to certain roleplays or presets, it should be reminded that people have preferences. While it is disheartening to be ignored, especially if you're proud of your work, some may not like it as much as you do.

If there are too many comments, they may also be skipped over. I don't think some are going to put the time to read all of the comments on 20+ pages. It would take a lot of their time and if they're angry/upset they may not even care.

But again, it may just be preferences that turn people away from presets. I happen to prefer a specific canine texture, that's me. Or some may not like their style of doing markings. They roleplay may not be what they're looking for. It is okay to have preferences.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline givemepies

• Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • They put the cookies out of my reach They must die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:48:26 am »
One if my second Roleplays got ignored. Many people read it. Only one person applied. So now I'm not sure if I should make anymore Roleplays it had a simple name to because I couldn't think of anything I just named it Warrior cat RP. I know not creative... but now I want it to be locked or deleted so it doesn't take up space. I was really put down when only one person joined :'( I really love the Warriors series but most warrior cat RP's I see have 20+ pages. I almost always post in something I read. I do understand your point though lots of RPs get ignored then there is unneeded space taken up by them. It's really saddening to see other people's threads being ignored especially if it's just cause they aren't popular or you don't like them it's still mean. And rude to just full on ignore someone.

I Am Shennigan Blue The Cookie Loveing Kitty Cat!

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 09:40:47 pm »
Well, I can say it's not down to popularity... It's down to interest. Now, In game I could be classed as popular among a certain species of Roleplay, but that doesn't make me eligible for more members to join my group of the species I'm popular within. It's also down to time. Some people may be in too many roleplays and not have the time to join any more.

When it comes to threads and such regarding preset requests etc. I can see how that would be annoying.... Personally, I'd find it equally annoying, disheartening or upsetting, but it's not the end of the world. Just pick up and move on. Try not to dwell on something that was ignored. You never know, your next thread could be twice as popular as other threads.
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline ShimmerMoonStar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »
I was just thinking about this too Dun. I'm glad it was brought to attention, because the same with roleplays have happened to me. It took me 2 hours to come up with one idea because I thought it would be a nice rp to bring to fh, and many viewed but didn't replied. The next one I did was about wolves since many like wolves, and the same thing happened. I'll probably end up deleting them, but it was still very disappointing. I understand the whole preference thing or the time, but I'm pretty sure its also laziness.

Maybe lots of people are just becoming lazy... to lazy to respond. Or possibly saving up their creativity for a different thread. I don't know and I probably never will.

Offline nicekind

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 39
  • art by WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12:16 pm »
I have noticed these "ignored topics" as well. For me it matters if I post a feedback to it or no is about the things I could say. If I see that I could say something I post, if not then bye bye this thread.
To make me click on a thread matters about the threads name and where is it placed.
I always check video section. Help section and game discussion and sometimes forum discussion.
I never look who posted this like I see someone popular posted it doesn't mean I run to that thread. When the person is popular it doesn't mean her/his threads are good.
For me matters everything about the meaning and what is the person looking from me and others.
shhh noone knows me

Offline Satsuki

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 09:27:32 pm »
It's just not just with presets requests and off-topic rps. It is also in Art, video and even in game discussion. Like others have pointed out, popularity is not the issue at times it is also by interest. Someone might look at your thread but they may not have nothing to say or respond to it... Let me point this one out as well, people post new topics on feral heart forums a lot so... Sometimes not a lot of people actually get to see your thread at times.

If you want your thread to be known then you should do something about it like making a bump to your thread... I see recent forums doing it on here, why can't you do the same? :P You have to make yourself known at times. ^^

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"