Author Topic: Where Are All These Floofs Coming From?  (Read 2087 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Where Are All These Floofs Coming From?
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:44:13 pm »
I haven't looked at my floof-O-meter in a long time and when I did I was like, wut!?  Where did all of those come from?!  So I was wondering what are the reasons people floof others?  I do when someone helps me, finishes a request for a preset or artwork or if the person is just really nice to roleplay with.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are All These Floofs Coming From?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »
Ahh, the reason people give out floofs is exactly how you put it, by noticing if someone is helpful to the community or just plain creative with the things they do to the game. Things such as artwork, the creation of items / meshes / or markings, providing helpful information for those who need it, etc. will earn someone a floof. ~

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »
There's been lots of threads already about the floof-o-meter.
The idea of it is that nuzzles, or floof, is like appreciation of one person for another. They may nuzzle you for being helpful, kind, thoughtful, committed, generous, any of those positive reasons. You're obviously doing something that people like for them to give you floof ;)
That's the idea. Some people may not use the nuzzle button for those preferred reasons, but there's not much that can be done about that.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:20:50 pm »
It is exactly as you both said, at least for me. I always give Floofs to those who deserve to be recognized. Whether it be finishing a request, helping out others in-game and on the forums, posting a cool topic, or simply being an awesome floof. People might have given you Floofs because you've been doing a magnificent job around the Feral Heart community, helping out others, or even just making things for the people of the game(Presets, Maps, Items, Meshes, Etc). I believe all the people of Feral Heart deserve endless amounts of Floofs till they're drowning in floofy adoration. This is because giving someone the ol' nuzzle is showing that you've gone above and beyond what is expected of you here at Feral Heart. You may choose to simply stay in a corner and watch things happen, or you can join in and make things happen.  :)
~Vask

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:37:20 pm »
The majority of the reason why people get floof points is when they do something helpful for others such as helping with a game problem or making a gift for them and paying them back with kindness with floof points.
Sometimes you can get floof points when you make something such as art that people seem to like and give you floof for it.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 08:34:44 pm »
I do a lot of art requests, so that is probably where I am getting them.  Just another reason to make art.  :)
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru