Author Topic: How to attach sound to a mesh!  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
How to attach sound to a mesh!
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:27:06 pm »
I've noticed there's no help threads for this (none that I can find anyway), and I more-or-less figured this out so I'm gonna share it with you floofs. It's a fairly easy and simple process. I'm going to show you how to attach sound to a certain mesh easily!

Okay, first things first we're going to need 1 mesh, and whatever sound/music you want to be played from that mesh.

Let's say I have this tree here

And I want to add the sounds of birds tweeting and general sounds of nature.

You'll need to find an mp3 of those sounds, whether it be from Youtube or another site, doesn't matter. For the sake of this tutorial I just quickly got a short clip from youtube. Now that we have our sound, and our mesh, you're going to need to put your mp3 file into Feralheart>Media>Sounds.

Now, go back into object maker and load up your mesh again, and at the bottom of the tab to the right on object maker there is a section that says 'sound', in the box type in the name of your mp3 file (NOTE it is caps sensitive so make sure it is typed EXACTLY the same!) and press enter.

Now, click test, turn ya' sound up and listen to the beautiful sounds of nature ;3 Or whatever sound you want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KF0j2bsuEY

Credits; the tree mesh in this tutorial does not belong to me, it rightfully belongs to the Wombat packs, thank you.

If there are any questions or if you're having some trouble, feel free to comment below. c:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:09:40 pm by Sherlockian »
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

AlphaEclipse

Re: How to attach sound to a mesh!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:33:57 pm »
:O I had no idea this was even possible! I'll definatly be trying this in the future. May I ask, what program do you need to take mp3(s) off of, lets say Youtube? Is there an option or do you need a program?

+Floof for dis c:

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 01:46:30 pm »
I usually use this youtube converter http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ because it's simply the quickest and easiest to use. X3 And I wish you good luck when you try this out in the future. :D
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »
Ah, thank you!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:12:30 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:46:40 pm »
Great tutorial Sherlockian, I'm sure a lot of floofs will be grateful for this. +Floof

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »
Like Ms. Eclipse has stated before me, I too had no general knowledge that this was possible until now. A wonderful tutorial indeed Ms. Sherlockian. It'll become useful for many mapmakers to come. +floof.
gone