Author Topic: Is FeralHeart your Secret?  (Read 37625 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Is FeralHeart your Secret?
« on: January 16, 2014, 03:12:50 am »
Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?

Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?

Well, I don't bring it up. No one knows about my fursona (only two close friends), no one knows about me derping on the forums. Oh! All of this art of Ahkrin that was made by other people? Nope. Don't know that either. My school friends have no idea what fun life I have with FeralHeart :D
If someone were to call me Ahkrin or Starry in real life, say, shout it out in the hall way at school, I'd respond. Although, it would take a second to take in what just happened. I'd probably get creeped out knowing that someone know my fursona's name. Just slowly walk away for now. Save the difficult questions for later... yeah..

If there has already been a thread like this then please lock v.v

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Is FeralHeart your Secret?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:24:25 am »
1. Yes. All the friends I have that I know of don't like these types of games. :B

2. Yes. But, it may be a while before I reveal that I have an self-made alter-ego of me as a dog to the public, so it's not happening yet.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:51:26 am »
Do you keep your Feralheart business a secret from friends in real life?
I do actually. Rarely does anyone generally know about my involvement with the game or the forums itself. However there are a few who know about my character, Vespian, merely because I tend to sketch he and other monstrous creatures quite a lot in my spare time. Thus I do encounter that question of "Who's Vespian?" from time to time by those who views my artwork. Otherwise, my little virtual life I got goin' here is nothin' more but hushed for the most part.

If I were to hear the unusual name of Vespian ring across the hallway or courtyard, I'd most likely respond in a hesitant manner via turning' my head slightly over my shoulder to see if the caller is talkin' to me or someone else. Then it'd be an internal decision to either walk away in utter bafflement or convey with the individual like it was nothin' more than a nickname.
gone

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 05:03:29 am »
Yes i generally do since the majority of my friends i know in real life have no idea what Feral Heart is or about my involvement with the forums as well. I guess in the College life, not much would play this game since it is geared to a more younger crowd.
If i was to be called by my fursona names i think i would give a glance back to see if they were actually addressing me. But since my names are unusual it would be apparent that they might
So perhaps yes xD
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 05:15:50 am »

Offline Sheka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Billie Joe Armstrong is my hero <3
    • refugee97.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:30 pm »

1.) Kind of yes. Only my best friend knows because I play it at her house... It's just not something kids play in my school so what's the point... I'm sixteen and all my friends have Xbox Live and are playing cooler games like Halo and Resident Evil online, I wish I could. *Shrugs*

2.) Erm, maybe. Back in middle school my (now ex) best friend used to call me Sheka, or my warrior cat name (At the time I was really into that) but now if someone called me Sheka or Refugee or just Ref I'd be confused. I'd ask, "Do you stalk me online??" Since my deviantART happens to be Refugee97 haha so maybe!

In-game Username: Sheka
Characters: Sheka, Refugee, Renegade and Deirdre
My deviantART: refugee97.deviantart.com
Signautre (C) JimMoriarty

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:24 pm »
@Vespian: Same thing happens to myself when drawing Ahkrin. "Who's Ahkrin?" "Who's Starry?" -sighs-. It would take a month to explain. Something that I'm not up to.

@LordSura: I can relate. If my friends saw some of "~Stargazer~"'s posts I know they would be shocked if they knew it was me. I'm so different in the Feral Community than I am in reality. Two utterly different personalities. One person. FeralHeart was where I discovered myself. Where I could open up to others who were like me. I'm so grateful.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:34:04 pm by ~Stargazer~ »

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54:11 pm »

1.) Yes I do. Only a few good friends and family know about my FH life and we keep it a secret. There are some people who really don't need to know about it. If some of my other friends and aquaintences were to find out about it, they probably wouldn't treat me the same...

2.) I don't really have a fursona, just a bunch of roleplay characters that have different personalities and characteristics. But if someone were to call me by one of those character names, I would be surprised but wouldn't respond.
Inactive

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 04:14:50 pm »

1. Nobody knows- besides, they don't really need to know. What I do is what I do and my friends don't question it at all.

2. If someone called Shiro or Rii somewhere, I would have a mini heart-attack and keep on walking.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »
Now that you mention it, I do indeed. I don't talk about FeralHearts in reality because no one I know in real life is interested in my type of games. They're more into The Sims or other games quite like that. To be honest, what I play isn't exactly any of their business.

Yea, I'm not going to lie with this. I probably would. I've done it a few times before since I used to have my Skype name as "Buffy" on my old account which I had my friends added on. It was quite interesting actually, eventually teachers started calling me it too without approval. It's quite nice being called my fursona name in real life.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone