Author Topic: Is FeralHeart your Secret?  (Read 37846 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Is FeralHeart your Secret?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 01:30:35 am »
Do you keep your FeralHeart business a secret from friends in real life?
It's not like I bring it up, but it's no big secret. I'll occassionally tell a story about a roleplay gone wrong, or some trolls. So no, not really.

Would you respond if someone called you by your fursona's name in real life?
Depends where. I've been to a con or two, and at those I'm generally known as Mocha, so yeah, I'd turn my head if I heard it called. But in a place like school or at a store, I'd assume someone just wanted a mocha.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Roniver

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 04:39:58 am »
I would flip out if someone called me Cy.. THEY KNOW ABOUT MY BOSSY CANINE FELINE REPTILE ALIEN TIME TRAVELING FURSONA- That will not be my fursona for very long if Chi/Red/Doctor stops being active and drops the warrior cats...

I only let REALLY close friends know about feralheart.. *hugs Cy before kissing her little head and tossing to Gallifrey.*

Offline DeadlyWolfQueen

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I am but a piece of a much larger puzzle.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2014, 03:38:37 am »
I tend to keep quiet about irrelevant things. If something comes up and someone asks, sure I will tell them the truth, but this scenario has not arrived.

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 04:26:04 am »

I'm the only one in my social circle that plays any type of video game. So its not that I keep it a secret as much as it does not come up in conversation.

I'm not sure actually. I would respond to CCL, I know that for certain. But being called Darcy would confuse me if anything.

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 05:40:56 pm »
A: I really don't bring up Feral Heart around friends. It's not a secret, I just don't.

B: Most of my characters are names after comic book characters. So, no.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline Miraja

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 08:04:36 am »
1) Noone from my family/friends plays this game. Well... I think It's not a secret, I talk sometimes with my friends about FH (for example when I made my first preset and I was extremly happy), but usually they don't seem to be interested. They just don't know this game. And my family reacts quite similar to my friends, exept my Mama. She likes watching me playing. She finds this game full of colorful, happy and awesome things x3

2) Yes, I would response, but I'd be suprised that somebody used my Internet nickname in reality.
~LEON~
Preset of Leon

Profile picture by TinyTail
Signature by Cherryheart aka Zeriten

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2014, 01:47:00 am »
I'd say this is a bit of a complex matter, but in general yes, FeralHeart is a secret which probably just two of my friends really know about or what it actually is I spend time on and I'd say it's for the better this way. It's a good subject for a thread without a question.

Back when I was still in school it wasn't necessarily a subject that would gain you any respect or "man" points along with the other guys so it was easier to just let it be a silent hobby, I honestly don't think anyone really comprehend or understand why to spend so much time on the computer in general, neither do I know if it's something that could be explained or if it was for the better. I believe it's just seen like the average computer geeking from the outside, many questions has flew by of what I really spend time on the computer though.

Due to personal history online, or even experiences I've been through in places like Feralheart I've come to realize that some things just stay better if they remain separate. I simply do not use the computer nor internet as an extension to what is already taking place in the so called "Real life", the computer and internet is so much more. It's my safe haven and a completely different world to relax or escape to, in general the internet itself can include many different lifes if you have the time for it or simply want to use it in this way. I cannot say everyone does this in a good manner but you have the choice. I don't see any point in going around and letting everyone in on who you are, what you are doing or trying to do. If I'm going to be completely honest, I tend to wear my heart on my sleeves a bit more here regarding certain matters, but people can get to know me from the inside first which is also how I wish to know others. There's a lot of fake people out on the internet too though so don't get me wrong.

In the end, those that really could make the transition between me online here with four paws, and me out there in the world are people I really trust and wish to hold close. This shouldn't include people that would drama over you regarding tiny matters, try to put a knife in your back or use you. It should be friends or contacts that can understand each other and be supportive, and as time has proven before, it will show sooner or later, trust me on this.

Not quite sure, but I'd go with "No", and rather react and wonder where it came from and if it truly was directed at me. Friends, yes. Randomer never seen before, most likely not.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline flomfloat83

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:23 am »
1) No, I kinda persuade my friends to play it. (They never did) And I'm always talking about it or making references to it.

2) I'd probably react and say: "How in the world did you know my fursona's name?!" So, yes, I actually would turn my head.
dora the explorer, nuff said

Find me in-game as: mushyroom, flomfloat83 or baconpancakes11

Offline inuyasha1086

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2014, 01:19:59 pm »
1: Not really. My friends know about it they just don't play these kinds of games and don't care enough to bother with it and snoop in my business.

2: Definitely. Well not my sona's name, but the name everyone calls me in the game no matter what character I'm on, which is Inu (because the two main usernames I use are inuyasha1086 and InuLong which can both be shortened to Inu). I know because I Skype with some of my friends here (strictly voice call only) and they always call me Inu so I'm used to responding that. I would even be perfectly fine if people I know irl started calling me by that name. If someone I didn't know called me by that name... well I would respond but be defensive until I knew why they were using it and how they knew I went by that name.

^Click to join my rp!

wolfdog01

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »
Not at all lol. I tell anyone who I want to try and keep in touch with or someone that likes animals, I may get a funny look here or there but hey, I like the game and I thought they would too. But most people don't play anything that doesn't have an objective to it. :(

I would whirl around and if they were talking to me I would probably freak out (happily) and ask them what their username was. It would probably never hit me that this person knows my real name, if they did, or if they just based it off of what I describe on here.