Author Topic: What were you doing when you joined FH?  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: What were you doing when you joined FH?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 04:21:56 am »
I remember not knowing any of the controls (I was able to figure out w,a,s,d though =P), and I had no idea about any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen, how to lock your char's head in place, how to move the view camera, or anything. Only the w,a,s,d controls.

Confused, I started pressing all the keys on my keyboard but of course nothing seemed to be working. I accidentally ran into the portal to South Pole and completely just dashed off, unaware of where I was going. I remember running into this pack of arctic wolves and one of them saying something along the lines of; "O.o hey look a fox"

Being the n00b I was (and forgetting to turn off caps lock from my keyboard-pressing spam) I responded; "IM NOT A FOX IM A WOLF" Of course the pack was confused and all of them disconnected until one remained; the one who mistook me as a fox. I began to ask her all these stupid questions "Why is there an invisible wall here?? How do I move my charrie's head? Why does my charrie look where ever I look?" etc. Luckily she was patient and got be going with the controls a little better ^^ After I got the basics down she and I walked all the way to Atlantis, and "showed me how to swim" and "how to die" xD She also told me how to sit, lay, how to use all the actions and emotes, and even send me a friend request<3 She was there for me whenever I had a new question about the FH game

However, when I had a question about the game and she wasn't online... all hell broke loose x3
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Shrines

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • counting bodies like sheep
    • View Profile
    • deviantART.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 04:31:02 am »
Ah, my n00b days.
I remember starting in Bonfire and having a hideous character named Destiny. I had no clue what I was doing and just walked around talking in caps because I have that habit {It's even worse now.} trying to get a mate because it seemed to be the "cool" thing to do.

I also never knew there were other maps besides Bonfire and was stuck there for almost a month until I realized there was a portal sitting there in plain site, kuekue.

Lovely signature created by o0Synthesis0o @ deviantART.
Beautiful avatar created by xXKitsune @ deviantART.

I`ve left!

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:49 am »
Well, when I joined right at the start, I didn't understand the portals... and I also managed to press 'C' very early on, which meant that the chat box didn't show. So that was fun.

The WASD thing wasn't new to me, but I didn't think to use it - the camera altering thing was REALLY hard for my one-track mind to grasp, too. I couldn't press both the arrow keys and WASD, so I was always running at odd angles to the camera. X'D

Didn't understand the 'M' (Male) and 'F' (Female) thing either... LOL. I would just stick those two letters randomly after my names because I thought it was cool. Must of confused quite a few people. X'D

Also had to panic and close the game MANY TIMES because I got stuck in f3, or pressed Q.

I was also quite scared of the internet people, so I'd just sit awkwardly by them (Didn't know of SB) and listen in. X'D
(Some were quite nice about my obvious noobishness)

That's all I can think of.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 05:16:52 pm »
Oh yes~

I didn't understand what 'M' and "F' stood for, I just thought people put those in their name for no reason and that M and F happened to be popular so I'm there with a character like Ally Z Wolf or something XD

I was in South Pole once and I heard these people talking in General who sounded pretty cool, so I ran all over SP trying to find them and when I did I sat a little bit away from them and they called me a stalker ;-;

Very very tragic backstories and pitch black characters

I made characters that were the alphas of packs and wondered why no one was joining my group when I didn't even advertise..

Offline allisonw2000

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Jasper there breaking my things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »
Screaming at my friend because she didn't tell me how to play XD