Author Topic: Help with uploading and downloading maps.  (Read 1259 times)

Offline AliceKyouki

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Help with uploading and downloading maps.
« on: July 10, 2014, 03:55:51 am »
ok, I know a friend of mine just posted about an issue with this, but now I'd like to know how to upload and download a map. I also know that a lot of people ask this, and the all have answers that vary slightly, but they all leave out what I want to know. So I have a map that I made, and I have a website to upload it to (zippyshare.com) and I know where all the parts are (exports, terrains, whatnot) what I need to know is EXACTLY what files to upload and EXACTLY where my friend should put them so that she can play in it too. Please and Thank you ^_^

AlphaEclipse

Re: Help with uploading and downloading maps.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:12:24 am »
Basically, when you export a map it will list the files it spit out of there - that's what you want. Just look for those files in C:/Feralheart/exports and put the into a .zip or a .rar file. These files will end in .fhm (Feralheart map), .fhs (if it has a custom sky), and .fho (objects.) If you used your own textures in the map, you'll need to add them in the zip/rar, and they'll be found in Feralheart/media/terrains/textures. (That's only if you used custom textures, not ones that came with the game.)

When you put that one .zip or .rar file up for download, your friend will download it and open i using a program such as winzip or zip-7. They'll basically export/copy over the files to where you originally got them from. The .fho, .fhm, and .fhs will go into exports, and the custom texture (if any are there) will go into media/terrains/textures. Hopefully that cleared things up a bit. ^^ if you list the names of the files and their extensions, I'll be glad to tell you where they go.

Offline AliceKyouki

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:35:46 am »
ok, this is what I see in Exports:
Default.fho
LostClanCamp.fhm
MyPlants.fho
MyRocks.Fho
MyTrees.fho
and the read me txt.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:46:45 am »
ok, this is what I see in Exports:
Default.fho
LostClanCamp.fhm
MyPlants.fho
MyRocks.Fho
MyTrees.fho
and the read me txt.
All of that will go into the exports folder when downloaded. ^^ Just package that into a .zip/.rar/compressed folder and upload it. It should work! ;3

Offline AliceKyouki

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 04:52:55 am »
Thank you very much ^_^

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 04:54:03 am »
Thank you very much ^_^
You're welcome! ;) Good luck with the map.

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 02:49:52 am »
Ok im making a map, and im almost finished. I would like to know how to get a log cabin in the map, along with a few human stuff like maybe the remints of a fence. Also, how do I upload the map, and when I make it does it automatically become multiplayer?(sorry still a major noob, this is my first map at the same time)

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 02:56:56 am »
Oo if you have a question it's best to start a new topic. :3 To answer your question, basically you look for a mesh to download which can be found in the "Meshes" section right here on the forums. Once downloaded, export everything to Feralheart\media\my_objects and them you'll be able yo put them into your map. To upload the map, get all of the files it spit out when it was exported, found in Feralheart\exports and upload then to a site such as Mediafire.com. As for it becoming multiplayer automatically, I'm honestly not sure how that works. I believe there server just allows it?

Since this topic is older I'll get a MOD to lock it - if you have an other questions it's best to start a new topic.