Author Topic: Not Giving Up  (Read 2989 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Not Giving Up
« on: August 01, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »

Hello, everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood, Fox. I've been thinking about the common phase, "never give up." We say this all the time as far as keeping someone's spirit up in whatever the pursuit is. Then, I was thinking about it and came to the question, what does 'not giving up' mean?

I know what you're thinking, "it means what it means," right? As simple as it is, maybe most things we say aren't as simple as we make them. In my opinion, not giving up is an ambition, a goal on its own. For instance, you may want to be a helping hand around the forum. When you feel unappreciated, you simply give up. Why? Because your ambition and personal drive to help was being affected by the reaction of other people.

I have also been victim to a lack of interest to learn or experiment with new media for the fear of failing many times, never getting the desired outcome. When I think about not giving up or being told that, I light up. It means that someone wants to see you succeed when you feel that you can't. It's something as simple as saving three words that will make the whole difference of someone's future.

So, you want to be a good leader in your role-play, do it. You want to be the-go-to artist for people's requests, do it. Try and try again if you feel like you just can't get it. Don't let anyone or even yourself hold you back from what your goal is. Even after you achieve that goal, you still have much more to do.

So, what do you all think? Ever had that moment of giving up and leaving your pursuit behind? Ever had a friend who just gave up on something? Ever felt that "never giving up" meant nothing to other people?

Share your thoughts. ~  
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: Not Giving Up
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:24 pm »
I have to honest with you; there was a time in my life, several actually, when I just felt like I couldn't hold on anymore. I lost the will to fight and the words "don't give up" just didn't make much of an impact. They were meaningless because I felt like my whole world just fell apart and that "Not giving up" wouldn't change anything....

But of course, along the way I have met quite a few people who have reached out their hand and helped me, both through words and actions.
I believe however, that words will not heal wounds, they will not mend a broken heart nor will they turn back time. They cannot miraculously revive your long deceased pet cat, nor can they make your fate twist, however they give you a small feeling of hope, barely visible, which gives you motivation to stand up after you fall.

Words have little or no meaning; but not when the person, let's say a close friend, tells you straight from their heart that they don't want you to give up, not because they feel bad for you or that they see others doing so but because they hate to see you in such a state, because they want to see you feeling better. So you see, words can mean something or nothing at all, yet we all try to find meaning words alone... I solely believe that if we rely on ourselves and no one else, then we cannot get hurt and we won't have to look within words to heal our past and build a steady future.

Just believe in yourself, and don't count on plain words to help you stand up when you fall. Because it is YOU, and only you, who has become strong. It is you who has defeated all these obstacles in your life. And it is you who has fallen yet stood up. It is indeed you who is still marching on, believing that words had made you like this. I tell you, words only give a small nudge; you have to do the rest.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:28:35 pm by CrystalWolfTear »
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 07:29:50 pm »
Reading this topic has made me very silent and thought-provoked.

Thank you.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:06 am »
I've always told myself since I was a wee lass that Not giving up was about never giving up on everything. its now, it's just a  phrase that I hear keep walking. But I think it means hope I a way, if that made any sense, but I do think it could mean 'Not giving up on hope or everything' anyway, Now I am just rambling, nice post btw.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 06:25:49 am »
Guys this is pretty old??

It would be clever to see how old a thread is because "necroing", or bumping a dead thread, is discouraged.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 01:52:58 pm »
A year's message gone by and still getting some attention is nice, but as Kelsey said, this post is a year old. Starting a new thread on the same topic is alright since this one is rather old.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka