Author Topic: Favorite official FH events &/or contests  (Read 5153 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Favorite official FH events &/or contests
« on: August 10, 2014, 01:39:00 pm »
In all the years since Feral Heart has been online the site staff have held a wide variety of fun events and contests. Although some are no longer celebrated due to various reasons here are some of those wonderful events & contests from past and present:

- Preset contests

- Story contests

- Site Banner contests

- Signature contests

- Favorite character contests

- FH related video contests

- FH related art contests

- Halloween Party event

- Treasure hunts in event maps

- Winter Holiday Party event

- Summer Party event

- MOTM & MOTS

- Roleplay Day

Etc...

Of these and those not mentioned what are your favorite official Feral Heart contests or events and why?

Are there events or contests you've participated with in the past? Are there any you'd like to participate in?

Are there contests or events you'd like to see more of? What are your favorite things about any of these events or contests?

Feel free to share here.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite official FH events &/or contests
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »
I like the Halloween and Summer Parties the most, and although I've only been to two total (missed out on this year's summer party because of a pop-up blocker ;-;) they were both pretty fun! Well, even being that I just read the chat while everything was laggy and I stood in a corner forever alone

I've only participated in the parties and maybe two Preset Contests; the Preset Contests are fun but it's kinda mostly about how much skill people have at making presets. Roleplay Day I don't really understand much, by what I've read you're just roleplaying kinda like what most people do everyday, but I haven't read about it for a while, so maybe I'm wrong.

I guess I haven't been around to much since I've only seen RP Day, MOTS, Halloween Party, Summer Party, Favorite Character Contest and Preset Contests. The rest I haven't really heard about O.o

I'd like to see Favorite Character Contest again :3 Now people have different characters and there's new members with new characters.. c: Or a Site Banner contest again, I think a lot of us want some new banners. If there was one, maybe there could be one contest of art for the banner and another for screenshots and edited screenshots? Just a bit of an idea.

But I have a question, what are the Story Contests and Signature Contests about?

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 12:29:30 am »
Out of contests I'd had to say my favourite is the FH video contest. To me, videos speak to me more and show more emotion than just art so I tend to favour them more. Especially when the music compliments the video nicely. I just find it overall more enjoyable seeing what everyone comes up with and the creativity of them, and the different styles. :3

For events, my favourite would have to be the halloween party event. I love seeing what 'costumes' people go in and the creative presets everyone makes each year. Every time I am in awe of the presets 'cause they all look brilliant and I have yet to find two presets that are similar, they're all just so unique and awesome. ^v^ Also the funky halloween music~
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:05 pm »
Lol I've only participated in MOTS and preset contests, and really ive only done both once lol. I really, really, really would like to have a favorite character and a banner contest, I'd participate in both if i could (if i knew it was happening lol) if they still have them, does anyone know when it will be? But i enjoy the contesets ive currently entered, its fun to watch all the votes and colorful presets and then wait to see who wins, everyone does good. <33

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:23:25 am »
I like the Summer Parties and the Treasure Hunts. I enjoy looking for things, and just partying. Anything that involves my booty having to shake is awesome. <3

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline MechanicalMutt

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:06:55 pm »
I like anything that gets me further into the community, really. They're all great opportunities to make friends and have fun and I think it's amazing that we have so many of them a year, that way it's hard to miss out on everything, if you miss out on one, just get ready for the next.! :3 My favourite days are definitely FHORD, and the Halloween party cx

FH User: MechanicalMutt
DeviantART: Carxalckz

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:55:53 pm »
My favorite so far is the favorite character contest, although I haven't participated in one but I'd love to join this time, I like the contest because you can see those entries and have a good look at their characters which was enjoyable, and for events, it would be the Halloween party too and I'm sure I'll be attending it this time, I love looking at their presets and designs, it's really amusing.

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 01:08:38 am »
-going to bump this as I believe the topic is still relevant and I'd love to hear some peoples' latest opinions-

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 01:34:26 am »
Got totally confused when I noticed I had already replied to this thread and hadn't looked at the date it was posted. Well, might as well post my current opinions, seeing as they've changed a bit from 2014:

Well, I did quite enjoy the Favorite Character Contest. Even though I do see a lot of issues with it now and don't think it could really be brought back again (at least not in the same way), I did enjoy participating in it that one time (despite my... very unoriginal characters). It was really fun to join in on, and seeing everyone else's characters was fun too!

I really enjoy the Feralheart Roleplay Days. Every time it happens, I'm able to roleplay a ton with my friends and it leads to quite a lot of character development between our characters, so I look forward to those, too.

I'd really like to see more variety of events in the future. The reocurring events that are happening now (Preset Contest, Movie Night, MOTS, etc.) are still fun, but it'd be nice to have the occasional new event.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 01:40:55 am »
Hmm, I haven't really participated in many events other than the Halloween Party and a Holiday party. So I suppose those could be my favorites, I really do enjoy them. I think we should bring back the banner contest. To my knowledge it isn't active anymore, but I liked to see new artwork on the home page made by the community. I also enjoy the Movie Nights and MOTS.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.