Author Topic: The Wyldercat  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
The Wyldercat
« on: August 24, 2014, 03:28:09 am »
Greetings, floofs. Today I bring you a new creature, one I've been waiting to show you. Behold...
The WylderCat.
[/color]

-General-
Wyldercats are unusual felines. They come in a large variety of shapes and sizes, varying on species and gender. They usually live alone, but some varieties are known to form small packs. There are 4 known species of Wyldercat.

-Striped Wyldercat-
Striped Wyldercats are the largest species of Wyldercat. As the name suggests, their pelts are marked with great black stripes, and they bare a slight resemblance to tigers. Their eye colors include many shades of green. Males are usually very large (full-size on the sliders except for weight) and bare great antlers, similar to those of a stag. Their pelts vary from gold to auburn. Females are usually slightly smaller than males, and still have antlers, but they are noticeably smaller. Pelt colors for the females vary from scarlet to a dark shade of crimson. They mate in monogamous pairs (mated for life), and cubs will remain with it's parents until their antlers grow in, signaling they have reached maturity (about 2 years). Littermates may stick together in a small pack for several months after dispersing, but will usually split by the time they are able to mate (3 years). They are wandering animals, with no set territory, although they will remain in one area when raising cubs. They are strong hunters, bringing down large prey such as deer.

-Spotted Wyldercat-
The spotted Wyldercat is a smaller variety (about halfway between default and maximum on sliders), with pelts baring complex variations of spots. They're pelts vary the most out of all species, presenting many patterns (pretty much any markings that include spots mainly spots). Similar to their larger cousins, they also bare antlers, although much smaller than those of the striped wyldercats. Males and females are generally the same, although males have slightly larger antlers. Pelt colors include orange (all shades), tan, medium brown, sandy and rarely, gray. Usually have yellow or orange eyes. Markings are usually a dark brown or black. They are mostly solitary, but small packs aren't unheard of. Cubs will remain with their mother for about of year. They are opportunistic feeders, eating whatever they can catch, and are very territorial.

-Mountain Wyldercat-
The smallest of all the species (no bigger than default), the mountain wyldercat inhabits cold areas and hillsides. Regardless of gender, they each bare a thick, lion-like mane... which is fully grown after about a year. Most have short, stubby tails, but there is a known mutation in which they will be longer. Instead of antlers, they have ungulate horns. Males have ram-like horns that curl back, while females have goat-like horns, which can either be straight or curly. Females are usually larger than males, unlike other felines. Pelts are usually light grey or pale brown, but whites and dark greys have occurred. Unlike the other species, whom are apex predators, they are frequently hunted by eagles. Although not technically predators, cougars, wolves and bears are known to kill them in skirmishes. They usually hunt small mammals, though they are sometimes able to kill small goats or deer fawns. They almost always live in packs, and feel much safer in larger numbers... loners never seem to survive long.

If you wish to create a Wyldercat, please either post below or whisper me in game (I'm usually hanging around Bonfire or Flourite). You only have to ask once, and can make pretty much as many as you want once given permission. No copying please, and have fun! Feel free to post what you think about these guys... I have a few more species ideas, and if I get positive feedback, I'll post some more.
[/color]

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: The Wyldercat
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:32:54 pm »
Just want to stop by and saying how amazing this specie is, It has 3 different designs which I like ;3 you're really creative on making species, Good job

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:37:45 pm »
Aww, thanks Frooday. I had a fun time designing these guys.  :D

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline wolf48877

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I Put The Succ In Succubus
    • View Profile
    • http://tinypic.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:12:23 am »
Interesting feline ya got there...wouldnt wanna bump into one irl, still amazing new breed of feline fellow floof ^-^