Author Topic: Where Did You Get Your Forum/Username?  (Read 16303 times)

Offline ArctosAnima

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Where Did You Get Your Forum/Username?
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 09:43:13 am »
My user, ArctosAnima, is the same as my deviantart, which I created before this. Figured for starters, that it could easily connect my watchers there to here if any of them played, and vice versa.
Second, I squiggled around with the name by their Latin meanings.

Search the name in Google Translate and you'll get "Bear Soul". This is correct in the sense that "arctos" is part of the scientific name for brown bears. Soul is one of the meanings for "anima".
However, this is not the meaning. I did though use it a similar way. "Arctos" is also part of the scientific name for Arctic/polar wolves. "Anima" itself has many meanings including "soul", "spirit", "life", "breeze", and more.
So, to me, the name means Arctic Spirit or Arctic Soul.
I take this name from being an Arctic wolf therian, simply put.

My handle, Skye, is my nickname, as well as the name I use around online to represent myself instead of using my real name. When I draw myself in something, I draw what I consider to be my wolf self, and I refer to it as Skye only in that way. I don't actually name it. It's not a separate being. However, it just makes it easier to represent myself and interact online. Some people think of it/"her" as a fursona, and that's fine. I'm not totally comfortable saying I'm a therian because of the jerks out there who try to say I need mental help, despite being a functioning adult.
I do have an avatar in game of "Skye" and play as "her" often. It really is just me, but I enjoy using it for roleplays at times.

Sorry that was so long, but yeah.

Offline MiniTetris

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 09:48:22 am »
Long story short-It's been my nickname for 9+ years for around 6 reasons,then I added the "E" at the end when wasabi was taken. will I ever change it? I dunno. 'prolly not. ;3
Proud member of, originally, 2012. ;P

I NEVER log into the actual GAME unless I'm directly Invited and given a certain time/place to arrive. ~ a Forums Only Weirdo Stalker~

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 09:50:39 am »
Let me see...hmmm
I got my forum username from my main cat character Domino and added the NQ from my username on the game.
How I got my game user?
Well..I got it from my love of Nightcore music. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Bluparrot

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 12:50:07 am »
I named myself after an OC of mine.

Shake it!
Blu Parrot - The Pokemon Fanbird of FeralHeart

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 12:53:04 am »
Since I was originally Devynex, and my main charrie's name is Turtle, I put em together and boom Turtlex

Sometimes I go by Tyrtlex though on other websites :3

Offline angelatorchic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • woopwoop
    • View Profile
    • F.E.N.N.E.C.'s Official Website
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
The story behind my in-game username is a little comical.

I know they say don't use your real first name in usernames but there are lots of people named Angela so...

Well, I created my account back when it was summer and the registration would open every morning at 9 AM Eastern time for ONE MINUTE.

So when I got to the username blank I was like 'well crap what do I do' so I mashed my first name and my favorite Pokemon together...

thus my username of 'angelatorchic' was born.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 02:44:25 pm »
My forum name -
My forum name is based on one of my role models, who's first name started with "Kai". Since I love chocolate pudding, I added Pudding to the end.

My username -
Hazel was one of my favorite names at the time, but I was also thinking of "Angel" and the way I see angels: They got wings! Since I loved both things, I add xx to the front and end. xxhazelwingxx!

My OC -
I have an OC named Jay and Jason.
Well, my name is Bluejay but I prefer mostly to be called Jay. So basically, Jay is my 'sona.
Jason on the other hand is my brother's 'sona because I have an older brother named Jason.

My UTAU's -
Their name "Kai" also comes from my role model and my name. Their last name, "Kazune"   was basically something that came to mind because I couldn't think of a Japanese-sounding last name for them.
For Kazune KAI (the female, which is me XD), all I did was make the "Kai" part uppercase, as for her older brother has a lowercase Kai.

Offline Frostpaw860

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Professional Dork
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr Blog
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 02:23:01 am »
Haaaa--
Mine's originally from a default name, given by another game I used to play a while back.
Eventually, I started to like it more and then it finally stuck with me. So I tend to use it for anything nowadays.
Nothing really inspiring. It just looks interesting to look at. :>

.|.For The Team.|.
.::Only active on the Forums::.

Offline Hylocereus

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ROR I'M A FELINE WALRUS
    • View Profile
    • Renascentia
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:16 am »
Hylocereus is a kind of cactus. And "Cereus" by itself means "torch" (as in fire), which I thought was pretty cool because I'm utterly entranced by fire and love cacti. Then I figured out my favorite fruit - the dragonfruit - also came from the Hylocereus cactus. And THEN I saw how gorgeous the flowers were.

I figured it was some sort of sign, so I've been calling myself Hylocereus for a long time now. I've yet to find another person with the same handle.   

Offline Flamesparky

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sweet dreams everyone <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:19 am »
Me and my friend were thinking about the username for like two hours.
I said 'Needs to have something with fire' - so we decided Flame is the best.
She decided rest: Sparky and Sparkly
That how we crafted it: FlameSparky
My Presets :)

Being less active until school wont finish.
In-Game: FlameSparky
DA: FlameSparky
YT: FeralHeartersTeam