Author Topic: Is This How We Act?  (Read 5835 times)

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
Re: Is This How We Act?
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »
As with what Tiffany said, If this was a real life situation no one could say a word to each other. In the realms of the internet you are masked, no one knows you in real life and that is why it can be such a powerful tool, both good and bad.

I haven't came across drama, or any one of the sorts just yet. But feral heart is a wonderful community in my opinion. :)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 05:21:21 pm »
As mentioned before, it is the mere personalities of people..
Some things cannot be taught or changed whether we like it or not.
We see this behavior everywhere, daily.

Sometimes we need to simply learn to ignore the negatives, or choose not to be around a certain type of people.
However, realisticly, this won't work either. As we cannot keep running away from situations..

Even if discussions seem to get a bit more hot-headed, we always need to consider that there may only be strong opinions behind it, rather than an argument.
RETIRED.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »
As mentioned before, it is the mere personalities of people..
Some things cannot be taught or changed whether we like it or not.
We see this behavior everywhere, daily.

Sometimes we need to simply learn to ignore the negatives, or choose not to be around a certain type of people.
However, realisticly, this won't work either. As we cannot keep running away from situations..

Even if discussions seem to get a bit more hot-headed, we always need to consider that there may only be strong opinions behind it, rather than an argument.
I couldn't have said it any better my friend.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

DreamerDay

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »
Thanks guys.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2015, 09:57:24 pm »
FeralHeart is a game with a huge userbase with a large variety of people.

Hmm.. well, when you think about it, most posts that can cause drama gets stopped. At least on the forums, that is. I understand that there is more drama in-game and it really should cool down a bit, but that's another story. Whenever I see something that has a chance to start drama pop up in the forums, it gets resolved. I haven't seen a lot of severe posts that are of the like in a while, which is good (but hell are they entertaining. it kind of makes me miss them...).

But why do people have the nerve to do this? It's because not everyone thinks the same. Not everyone has the same opinions. Not everyone can get along. It'll be nice if everyone can get along just fine without any negativity in a community, but that will honestly never happen. How people act online reflects real life, because we are all human beings behind a computer. However this doesn't make it right to put down someone publicly on the forums.

If you feel personally attacked by someone on the forum or in-game, it's a good idea to contact a staff member about it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:59:32 pm by jengatower »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 07:37:36 am »
A while back this was a reason why I quit the FH forums, really. There were times I saw people attacking a person for saying something /SLIGHTLY/ off-topic (That may be me overexaggerating, though, but you get my point.) or something that was a little harsh but clearly not meant in that way.

For example, I wrote a rant here once. I said something that made me look really angry out of my exhaustion as it was really, really early in the morning when I wrote it and it felt like everyone attacked me after that... I forgive them as long as they know what was wrong, but by then it just made me feel depressed.

This kind of thing is visible in-game sometimes, but I don't see it as much as I did a year or two back. I'm very, very thankful for that but there's still some harassment on here that just makes me sigh when I see it. I don't really understand it. Maybe sometimes I will depending on the situation I see, but otherwise I just don't...?

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 07:26:20 pm »
Its true not everyone gets along and not everyone will

I am sorry people have hurt you I know how it feels for someone to do that it happens to me all the time every day I step out of my house I get worried that people I know and do stuff with will hurt at first I was like its ok they won't do it again but thats just it they kept doing it to me and its hard. People i considered friends stab me in the back

If anyone were to be mean to you ignore it and if it bothers you to the point you just want to scream talk to your parents or a friend you actually trust.
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 04:49:56 am »
It's unfortunate I know, but sometimes people just be jerks to be jerks. I've learned throughout my life that people sometimes find joy in hurting others, most of the time it has to do with their own insecurities and it's best not to take it to heart. Someone that has had a rough life or hasn't been treated good is most likely to do something like this, usually it gives them a sense of power or control which is something that they often lack if they do something like this. I know it can be hurtful but the best thing to do is to ignore it. Remember that a stranger will most likely say bad things to people they don't know because they don't know them and want to vent, it gives them a satisfaction of being able to try and push their own problems off on someone else. The best thing you can do is ignore things like this, after all a complete stranger who has never met you, barely knows you, and most likely will never come in contact with you in real life doesn't really have much to effect you with. They can say hurtful things, but the fact of the matter is they would just say this to anyone, they just single you out because you're there at the time. Otherwise they just think of you as an outlet for the time being, and really have no idea about who you are, or really care. Which again, because they are strangers, it shouldn't matter. I hope this helps you feel better.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 04:53:03 am »
Try to avoid bumping old threads fluff! As you can see, the last post was made quite a few months ago.  Just a heads up. ^^

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 04:55:51 am »
Try to avoid bumping old threads fluff! As you can see, the last post was made quite a few months ago.  Just a heads up. ^^

I think it's alright. Thought the same thing from a different thread and as long as it's relative to the game / answered 'intelligently' and not like 'lol' 'xD' or like that then it's cool c:
( Could Be Wrong ).

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7