Author Topic: Preset Problems  (Read 545 times)

Offline Solarsis

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ~ There is no point in living without risks~
    • https://twitter.com/sailorr_s
    • View Profile
Preset Problems
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:54 pm »
(My mistake if this has already been posted, I havent seen it :I)

Ok, I made a preset before and I never have done, so I was chuffed with how it came out. When I put all the files and stuff into the correct folder (Preset_8) I was pretty happy to try and use it.

However
 When I try and use the preset my game crashes. I just scroll down the right number and click on it, and that's where I crash. I've looked on google and deviantart etc a few times, but nothing's come up that can help me or links with the problem. I know it's happened to other people, because I've seen comments on Yt, but no-one's helped or knows?

Please help!

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Preset Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »
So ye 'ave exported the preset and all that, yes? If not, that may be apart of the problem. Make sure ye go to the preset maker and export it {don't forget to put y'er username in the log in box so it knows to export the preset to y'er account.}

If ye 'ave already done this, does the preset work in the preset maker? Can ye see it on the preset character when ye load it? If not, and it crashes or 'tis just not visible, then 'twould most likely be a coding error found in y'er preset material file. Make sure each file is listed correctly in this material file. If the file is listed as preset_body8.jpg but is really a png file, change that to the correct file name or else it won't show up.

If ye 'ave no errors in the material file, it could very well be the preset files themselves. Make sure that all files are the correct size and 'ave only one of each. Copies of the same file may mess up the preset.

If none of the above fix y'er issue, just let me know and I shall look into it further. Best of luck to ye floof!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »
Enoki's points are good to follow. :) I also may have things that may help you too.

There might be a movement of files after you exported it and does this preset have invisibility? Please do tell. c: You might of accidentally written something in your material file which can ruin your preset and the preset that you exported should have its own .fhp file in presets folder. If you moved that your preset won't show in the game and then will suddenly crash. Just make sure that all the preset_8 files are in there: From head to tail and the material file containing the correct text (if you have written anything for invisibility) and your .fhp file in presets folder. Also, make sure that you didn't change the name because the game won't recognize it. :3