Author Topic: IMPORTANT MACINTOSH NOTIFICATION! ALL FERALHEARTERS + MAC USERS MUST READ!  (Read 6679 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Thanks for the heads up, i'm sure all mac users will appreciate it greatly.
- Also, for future reference i don't think this belongs under the 'game help' section, I would say its more of a tutorial or maybe game discussion. Only post in Game Help if you are seeking help, not just giving advice :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
alright thx for heads up~

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
I believe I will move this to the Miscellaneous section of the Member Made Tutorials board, since the Help boards are not really a place to post solutions to problems. If you would not like this to be a tutorial, please let me know, and I will lock/delete this thread for you. Thank you for finding some answers to this problem, too. I'm sure many users will find this very useful. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SoulBlade

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT MACINTOSH NOTIFICATION! ALL FERALHEARTERS + MAC USERS MUST READ!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 02:56:55 am »
How would you revert your operating system from El Capitan if you already have it? >.<

Offline BubbleTae

• Forum Newcomer
  • conjunction dysfunction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 11:01:12 pm »
I was having the same issue because I had already downloaded El Capitan and I looked up so many things to try to fix it and nothing worked. However, it was actually right under my nose. All I did was click the "Play Game" button in the options tab (The section of the site with Home, Forum, Staff, etc. It's at the very end of the list)

The link opens up to the black screen that tells you to keep it open while you play, so I left it open and opened the game and it worked!  ;D

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 11:07:56 pm »
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!! PLEASE READ

I haven't updated my mac, and I'm not sure if this will work, but it was my holy grail when my mac was totally rejecting FH awhile back. It's not hard to do, so try giving it a shot. 'tis very simple.

1. delete your current feral heart folder and game files. you can save certain folders you need like exports and presets, but delete most of it.
2. download the WINDOWS download instead (trust me) and once it's done, open up the folder and find feral heart.exe. right click and select open with>wine.
NOTE: if wine is not displayed as an option even when you click "all applications", download the mac download files instead simply for the wine gecko and mono packages. Then delete the folder and try opening the .exe with wine again.

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 04:55:29 am »
This was because of the recent hacking that happened on feral heart. I might have to do that soon too...

I was having the same issue because I had already downloaded El Capitan and I looked up so many things to try to fix it and nothing worked. However, it was actually right under my nose. All I did was click the "Play Game" button in the options tab (The section of the site with Home, Forum, Staff, etc. It's at the very end of the list)

The link opens up to the black screen that tells you to keep it open while you play, so I left it open and opened the game and it worked!  ;D

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 04:58:27 am »
another Quote. that setup doesn't work, sorry Papayatoot.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!! PLEASE READ

I haven't updated my mac, and I'm not sure if this will work, but it was my holy grail when my mac was totally rejecting FH awhile back. It's not hard to do, so try giving it a shot. 'tis very simple.

1. delete your current feral heart folder and game files. you can save certain folders you need like exports and presets, but delete most of it.
2. download the WINDOWS download instead (trust me) and once it's done, open up the folder and find feral heart.exe. right click and select open with>wine.
NOTE: if wine is not displayed as an option even when you click "all applications", download the mac download files instead simply for the wine gecko and mono packages. Then delete the folder and try opening the .exe with wine again.

Offline RoseHeart61

• Curious Wanderer
  • Kifo. It means 'Death' in Swahili.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the heads up! i really only want OSX Lion from Snow Leopard, I wasn't planning any higher. But loving FH, I don't think I'll ever think about that update!