Author Topic: Game Audio  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
Game Audio
« on: November 02, 2015, 03:18:31 am »
I've run into a problem for the first time. I've been experiencing a glitch; I suppose, here's what happened. I was going to make a map, but I turned off the music audio, and only that, through the audio tab in options. I went to make the map, which I cannot get any of my maps up and keep on making it crash. That's for another time though, since I suspect why on that, but after the 5th time of the map I gave up. I went back to the options and turned the music setting back to 1, my normal setting. However.... I haven't heard any music for 3 days now, and just a few minutes ago I logged in, I had no roar/howl audio either. Anyone know what's going on? If not, I'll just re-install.. again.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Game Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 03:50:09 am »
I would recommend checking y'er music.cgf, as ye may 'ave accidentally deleted the code when/if ye were making a personal playlist f'er the map ye are workin' on.

Also, did ye check y'er effects and GUI volume options? Ye may 'ave unknowingly turned those off as well.

There be a something called a "Volume Mixer" with most computers/laptops that may be the reason as to why ye aren't hearing any sound from FH. Go over to the bottom right hand corner of y'er screen to y'er music options. Right click the sound icon and select the Volume Mixer option. If FH be muted, un-mute it.

As f'er the maps unable to load, 'ave ye tampered with any of their files located in the terrains folder? Do make sure that none of the map folders/files are missing from the terrains folder as 'twill make it crash upon attempting to load them. It also may be a waiting game with FH, as 'tis sometimes temperamental and decides 'twon't load it t'day, but 'twill t'morrow.

Let me know if any of these things 'ave fixed y'er problem. If not, I shall try m'best to sort it all out f'er ye.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:52:27 am by ?Enoki? »

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 04:24:55 am »
These haven't worked, and I just removed everything from my computer on fh, then got a whole new download. Even re-installed it isn't working for the sound... I honestly don't know what's going on. As for the music.cfg here is what was in that,

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3
[Sacred]

If there's something missing I'm not sure what, for I haven't messed with the music for my map yet. Do you happen to know anything else that may be the cause for no sound? Thanks for taking time to reply/help me anyways, I may have been playin for a while, but honestly the only thng I know well on FH is how to rp.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 04:55:20 am »
Ah, it could be the rendering system? Try changing this in y'er in-game options.

Other than that, if ye did a clean download, it may be y'er laptop. 'Ave ye downloaded anything lately, like a new game or whatnot? This could be a reason as to why 'tis not loading.

Offline Larkain

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Dragon Soars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 11:06:06 pm »
You're probably right, I've been having problems with my laptop recently. After today (or tomorrow, one or the other) We'll know for sure. I did a scan on my computer after not being able to figure it out to find a few viruses, they are probably the cause of this whole ordeal. Thanks for the help once more, and I'll let you know if it was the cause.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »
Alrighty, I hope that this is it and ye can get back to hummin' those catchy FH tunes and work on that map of y'ers real soon.