Author Topic: Twisted's Guide to Realistic Parents and Little Ones  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Twisted's Guide to Realistic Parents and Little Ones
« on: December 12, 2015, 02:01:01 am »
'Ello again. I've decided to piece together another guide. This one will focus on parents and families in animals, and how to make them work. I'll break it down into categories: Inheritance and Relationships. Inheritance will cover how offspring should look in relation to their parents, for those who are wondering. Anyway, let us begin. :3

Inheritance
Inheritance is a bit difficult to perfect. Since it is, of course a game, nothing has to adhere to these rules; but if you want to go in depth, here's the right place! First off, there are dominant and recessive traits (or features) passed on from the parents. I won't go into genetics and such, but I will give a synopsis: Dominant traits are almost always expressed. Both parents, and/or all grandparents need to have a recessive trait for it to be expressed. So, basically, this means that an all white wolf pup won't come to be unless SOMEONE down the line also had white fur. As for mutants, they can happen, but keep in mind that mutations are not only extremely rare, but nearly all mutations have no dramatic affect, or any at all. And there is no such thing as a mutant green-furred acid-spitting dog, but more like reddish furred dog with an extra toe. That's more like it. Anyway, this basically covers that part.

Relationships
This part is fairly simple. Animal parents are mainly guardians that teach their young how to survive. Of course, roleplays usually call for more drama, which is fine to bend the rules a bit. Not much more to say here. Now for the little ones. Though many roleplayers tend to skip this phase, the first few weeks of an anima's life, they are pretty much completely helpless. Any vocalizations are feeble squeaks, or the animal equivalent of crying. Over time, they learn to walk, make more sounds, run, jump and so on. Most animals take around a year to reach their adult stature and learn to hunt and survive. Then, sadly, most solitary animals' parents leave their young to fend. In some big cats, however, bands of siblings may form for an additional year or so before they all truly split. That's it for now I think.

Anyway, I hope at least some of you found this guide useful. I may make more in the future (if you want to leave a suggestion ;3), but for now, goodbye!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Twisted's Guide to Realistic Parents and Little Ones
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:52 am »
I'm very sure many people will find this very helpful for their roleplays.
Some people do need a reminder that not all offspring run away and get trampled by a stampede. =P

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡