Author Topic: Small Preset Trouble  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
Small Preset Trouble
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:47:02 am »
It's not too big, but I recently made and exported a preset and gave the link out to the group I'm in. someone downloaded it, and put it in the right place, but they can't see my preset. they've logged in and out and restarted the game entirely. This wouldn't be too odd, but I'm the exact same, I downloaded their preset last night, but even today when I've closed down FH, and turned off my computer, I still can't see their preset.

I don't know why this is happening or if anyone else is experience the same thing.
Does anyone know if it's to do with the new server log-in style?

Offline wolfru

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Yep, le science is meh thing
    • View Profile
    • blackwolfheart12.deviantart.com
Re: Small Preset Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 12:52:24 am »
This happened to me and my presets before. Maybe check your file with the codes in it, see if they're all right and no typos. Because this has happened to me with a mistake.

But this seems odd.. this hasn't happened to me in a while even with the login.

May you should both try re uploading it, if this doesn't work, I suggest re-installing FH... hopefully others help too!

Hope this helped. ^^
Need help? PM me.
Sig by me.

Formerly ~Black-Wolf~

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:19:10 am »
If you and your friend still have the preset sync installed, then remember to put the files in "private presets", not "presets" (or the files will literally disappear!)

If that's not the case, though, then I would recommend deleting the preset files that you just downloaded. Make sure the game is not open and that you are completely logged out of the server (sometimes being logged in to the server while restarting FH won't make the presets show for some reason) and try downloading them again. I know for me, at least one of these suggestions has worked in the past, yet there is the rare occasion when a fluff's preset may simply not want to show itself. Hopefully this isn't the case now
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 03:53:36 am »
my issue was solved.
it turns out the person I received the preset from gave me the wrong file, and so gave me the correct one, I don't know why they started seeing my preset though, but they do now.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 03:58:23 am »
I'm happy to hear that your problem was fixed. I'll lock this up for you since the issue no longer stands.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.