Author Topic: Thoughts on the Forum Side of the Feral Heart Community  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on the Forum Side of the Feral Heart Community
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 03:16:11 pm »
1.) What made you decide to use the Feral Heart forum?

I'm not really sure. I think I was just looking for friends at first, and now I just sort of lurk by the help board & occasionally reply to some discussion topics. Due to some sort of anxiety I stopped posting for a little bit but am now comfortable with my low/moderate activity level.

2.) What did you think about FH forum community when you first decided to come on the forum?

Definitely intimidated and sometimes irritated by the forum community. I figured everyone knew everyone else (this is true) and they all had separate chats where they made fun of the threads I posted. Eventually I just decided that the discussion topics I thought of weren't as well planned as others so I left the conversation making to others and just answered with my thoughts. I saw how popular creators were looked up to & got 10+ pages on their threads and wanted to be something like them, which I think is what got me into drawing.

3.) What did you think of the site layout?

A bit of an eyesore, honestly. The bright colors like neon purple, red, and blues against the stark black background led to headaches. It was easy enough to figure out, but even now I prefer going to "recent unread topics" rather than attempting to navigate the forum. When scrolling through I would often miss things, and the two art/media boards were tricky to understand -- people posted non fh art in the fh art board, etc, and I was very confused. It seemed like no one really cares about which art was posted where, so I chose one board and stuck with it.

4.) Were you intimidated to post in topics or create topics? If so why?

Yes. This is explained in #2 but I suppose I'll go over it more. Due to intense anxiety I never felt like my posts were nice enough unless they got at least 6-7 replies. Eventually I got over it, but it prevented me from making a topic many a time throughout my history on here.

5.) Are you a regular user of the FH forum & why?

Not really. I used to be but have recently become OK with where I am now; not a lot of people know me but I have my friends and I really don't need much more than that. I do as mentioned post on the help board sometimes and attempt to provide tips for people.

6.) What do you enjoy most about the Feral Heart forum if anything?

I don't know. Helping people is fun, reading topics is fun, I definitely love the people who are inspired to start drawing   The preset contests & community events are cool too lmao.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:29:37 pm by Tailgate. »

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »

1.) What made you decide to use the Feral Heart forum? (Ex. Was it because you came needing help, or users in game mentioned it, or you were searching for game add ons etc)
I came here in case I needed help I could browse through for the same question I had that had been answered! But I also came here to help members that have problems that I could solve. :)

2.) What did you think about FH forum community when you first decided to come on the forum? (Ex. Are they friendly or were you intimidated by older users etc)
Friendly for sure! If they were not for sky I don't think they'd have quite a bit of loving crews! <3

3.) What did you think of the site layout? (Ex. Easy to understand, interesting, boring, etc.)
It was a bit confusing at first but you get the hang of it!

Not at all! I just never had the time to be on the forums but now I do.

Yes. In case anyone needs help I can be there to assist them!

How helpful everyone is! If you need help everyone (most!) will do their best to make sure your needs are met. :)

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »
1. What made me decide to use the forum...well, uh, I think it was my drive to get involved with the community a bit more than I had been, and besides, there's alot of interesting things here. I guess really what I decided fully was that I was looking for another place to interact and more or less meet new people.

2. The forum community huh? I absolutely love them! All of you are so very kind and welcoming to newer members, and  older ones alike. Everyday I see heart-warming posts in the introductions section and enjoy just skimming over the kind praise messages that you guys leave one another. If there was a rating for the forum community, it'd be a 1000000/10, paws down.

3. The layout had me confused at first, but with regular visits and skimming, it is quite easy to understand what goes where and so on.

4. Um, not exactly. I've been a member of a forum once before, but, never really this big. I guess I was a bit shy to post, but after the first actual topic I posted, I think it was more settling to post. Then again, being comfortable posting is always a good thing right? But to sum it up, yeah, I was kinda shy x3

5. Yes! Yes! Yes! I check the forum at least once a day, if not more. I guess it's just the relaxing feel of looking at the new topics being created, or simply just skimming over bios and what not. Why? Well, i'm just one whom stays in the background and wanders for my own stress relief. I tend to hover around the help boards because if there's an issue, it's just something I enjoy trying to fix. But in conclusion, the FH forum is my 'stress ball' if you ask me.

6. It's relaxing vibe. Nothing is more soothing than reading over everyone's kind posts and just the general friendly feel. I consider this place my second home and really feel as if i'm one with the family. It's my 'escape'.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 07:06:40 pm »
1.) What made you decide to use the Feral Heart forum? (Ex. Was it because you came needing help, or users in game mentioned it, or you were searching for game add ons etc)
As I was waiting for registration, I stalked the roleplay and game discussion boards quite a bit to get a better feel of the game, and once I had an account, I decided to get a better place in the community.

2.) What did you think about FH forum community when you first decided to come on the forum? (Ex. Are they friendly or were you intimidated by older users etc)
I thought most of the people to be very friendly, kind and helpful... though I was a bit intimidated by the Hero+ members at first (got over it quickly though, since they were also very friendly kind and helpful).

3.) What did you think of the site layout? (Ex. Easy to understand, interesting, boring, etc.)
This was my first forum, so I couldn't really compare it to much else, but I caught on quickly and found it delightfully easy to navigate.

A bit at first, since I was worried the ideas wouldn't be original, similar to existing threads, necroing, etc., but I put out a few early on and the intimidation went away pretty quickly.

I would consider myself a regular forum user. I feel it's just a good way to keep up with the community, get to know frequent members a bit better (made nearly all my friends through the forum), or even just to pass the time for a few minutes and sumbit a quick post.

To be honest, it seems to contain the more mature, creative, and active parts of the community. Not to say that non-forum users cannot be like this, but there seems to be more of these people on the forum in one place. It also makes events more known and an overall better game experience.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »

i honestly don't remember, but i was just doodling around on the internet, and decided to start using the forums
that.... might have not been the best idea

'everything is big and scary what am i doing oh look this person is nic- NO THEY ARE NOT'

it's good on small monitors but with bigger ones it's like the scrolling intro text from star wars

....... no?

yes, kinda sad to say, i am a 'regular'.
and mainly because i don't really have much to do, so there is that.
plus if i can help in certain areas it's fun.
but i also like watching the petty stuff going on. keeps my popcorn stash low.

how absolutely chaotic and horrible it is to itself most of the time
i mean yeah there are good people here but it's like a multi-faceted civil war.
it's kind of funny to me.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
I had originally needed help with something so I came to create a help post, and as I continuously checked the forums until my post got answered, I found that it was rather fun to explore and reply to different threads.

The forum community is lovely in my opinion. Everyone is willing to help everyone, and we all sort of know each other in one way or another.

I actually really like the site layout, it's easy to get around and understand, and also the colors aren't too shabby either. Very Feralheart-esque.

At first I was somewhat nervous to make posts or reply to other posts because I was afraid I'd get something wrong, but after I learned the basics I got a bit more confident about posting around the forums.

Although I tend to come and go at times, I consider myself a regular user on the forums mainly because I try my best to go around and help the people on the game that need it.

Honestly my favorite thing is how friendly everyone is. As I explained in question 2, everyone sort of knows each other and its like a little family on here. It's really comforting knowing such friendly people.

in-game: hooli

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 07:56:09 pm »

I wanted to check out all the cool presets and maps! I had noticed that people did free presets here, so I thought I'd join in the fun. I also started sharing my presets, and checking out other boards, and it's just too fun to leave sometimes.

I was rather relaxed. It felt friendly enough that I was comfortable saying my thoughts, but still making sure not to say something too crazy.

I found it slightly confusing at first, but it became quite easy to find boards once I got used to it.

I wasn't at all afraid to post in topics on the first page, a bit more hesitant if it was second or third page. It might have been a few months or even a whole year before I made any of my own topics.

I'm on and off with the form, I'm the exact same with the game. Sometimes other things start up and I spend more time on them, but I usually return to FeralHeart whenever I can. I'm not the most active as of now, as the game has felt like it's slowing down recently, and my group has moved into Skype. However, I've started making presets for the game, and it's quite a fun experience!

I enjoy that you can say more on the form than in the game. It's easier to see the messages and I can make my posts more custom and personalized.
I also think that the forum is a place to learn about the things I've missed while I've been gone. For instance, the whole "login page" and why it's in place. I had come onto the forum to learn why the server was down, or if it had just been my Internet spazzing out again and the server was fine.

Very nice set of questions, I enjoyed answering them. :)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 09:26:00 pm »
What an interesting questionnaire! I'd be happy to fill this out.

Originally, I r'quired assistance with maps, but I d'cided to stay with the lovely forum community.

Absolutely wonderful! Very helpful floofs and kind folks 'round here. One of the best communities I've been with.

'Tis nice and easy to maneuver in, but an update to its aesthetics wouldn't hurt.

Not at all! Then 'gain, I am quite vocal and don't shy away from a conversation.

Why of course. I tend to call m'self one of the FH tech support team.

Being able to hang out with m'friend's even though I'm away from the actual game.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Preach

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:37 pm »

I was mentioned about the game from a family member. They have told me the community is well behaved and have active moderators, patrolling the forums. Eventually, as I got more active, I wanted to help others and just be apart of the community.

I was pretty jealous of the users who've been here for years. Everytime, when I would help someone, the old users would be more advance or detailed, while I'm here confused. But yet again, I'm helping out. XD I'll be jealous over that.

The layout is amazing, but an update will be most appreciated.

I was, because I felt like if I post something  (to debate about) it wouldn't make sense or correctly fit the topic. But for creating topics, I know what to say

I am, well, Member of the season. I guess I'm not so regular? I mean I have a green name. 'XD That should stand out.

Chatting with friends mainly. It calms me down and my thoughts about my past and such. Also, presets. I just love them. <3

Offline KatonaKy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Still sleepy
    • katonaky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 06:11:16 am »

I really don't have a reason. I just thought it would be cool to chat with other members out of game.

Super friendly. Floofs here give honest answers when asked, and haven't ran into a rotten apple yet.

Don't see nothing wrong with it. Easy to move around in.

Was a bit scared at first, because I wanted to make a good first impression. But that might just be me XD.

Some how I became addicted. I don't really speak much, but I like to post my work here, even though I have a DA now.

The art board which I live community. It's like a huge family, where people are invited everyday.