Author Topic: 18+ Board?  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: 18+ Board?
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »
Like some of the users have said before me, I do not believe the implementation of a mature board would be a good idea. Feralheart is a place where all ages (13+) can mingle together, not to have certain age groups shut off from part of the community. If such a board were to be added, there would always be the trouble of creating a new set of rules to go by, and even that doesn't ensure that everything will go smoothly. The Staff members already have quite a lot on their plates, and so having another board that may very well require heavy monitoring might not be the best thing right now.

If users wanted a place to discuss mature topics, they could always go elsewhere for that. This forum just isn't the place.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 09:12:32 pm »
Like some of the users have said before me, I do not believe the implementation of a mature board would be a good idea. Feralheart is a place where all ages (13+) can mingle together, not to have certain age groups shut off from part of the community. If such a board were to be added, there would always be the trouble of creating a new set of rules to go by, and even that doesn't ensure that everything will go smoothly. The Staff members already have quite a lot on their plates, and so having another board that may very well require heavy monitoring might not be the best thing right now.

If users wanted a place to discuss mature topics, they could always go elsewhere for that. This forum just isn't the place.

Mmm yes, this is important to note.

I can see the appeal, being over 18 myself. Having a place to discuss the more mature topics in life with like-minded people sounds nice. But at the end of the day, FeralHeart is geared towards the young, adolescent age group. Therefore I believe having an 18+ section wouldn't be appropriate. There are plenty of other places on the internet to discuss those sorts of things. Here isn't going to be one of them.

And even if we did get one, keeping it in an ideal clean condition just isn't going to happen. The label '18+' will just attract the wrong sort of attention.

And even if we did get one, keeping it in an ideal clean condition just isn't going to happen. The label '18+' will just attract the wrong sort of attention.

Even though a lot of people think it would be a good idea, please keep an open mind about this subject in particular.

We wouldn't want to; attract the wrong attention, shut off from part of the community, give more work to staff just for the pleasure of a certain handful of people. There are plenty of other places to drag members of FeralHeart in the 18+ category. All things mentioned above are very important and things you need to consider.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

ForestHysteria

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 02:15:31 am »
I don't agree with idea. The forum could be used wrongly and start a whole new gateway into drama that is unneeded.
And if your only to talk about mental illnesses and other stuff then I find no point to it as people of any age can speak generally about it and speak about it anywhere off the forum (ontop of that, people can lie about things such as mental illness and that just  goes into a whole other problem). Normally when I think about 18+ forums, I normally think of topics that are against FH's guidelines. (Swearing, implied sexual tendencies, and other no-no's) and that typically shouldn't be appropriate for this game's demographic.

Also, if we do have an 18+ forum this can increase in undesirable activities (drama, bullying, ect.) and also can put younger participants who would lie about their age at risk. I think something such as this doesn't belong on Feral Heart, and it certainly should be taken somewhere that it's okay.