Author Topic: Log-in Page  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
Log-in Page
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:42 pm »
I understand why we have it. I know why the mods and admins do not want it removed (though I feel it should be at this point, the hack was in 2015, it's been a long time since.)
What I don't understand is the random pages opening when I click login. Very virus-y looking webpages, some with popups that I cannot click out of unless I completely close my browser through task manager. My computer doesn't have a virus or any malware, and I'd like to keep it that way; I've heard from someone that these pages popping up means the "protection/page is working" but I really doubt it. Again, just a rumor, and even with hearing it I still am lost as to why this happens. A friend of mine who even got FH recently hasn't wanted to get back on due to the popup webpages, since she thinks it will harm her computer, and I really don't blame her.

Now, yes; I do close these tabs before they get a chance to load, most of the time. Again, a few times when I didn't do it in time, I had to close out my browser and I had a hard time doing so.

Does anybody else have this problem, or even know why it happens?

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline DakariVoident

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Log-in Page
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:20 pm »
From what it sounds like, someone managed to slip in some kind of code that allows for pop-ups to form... Ones that are rather malicious in nature.  I do hope that the ones responsible for maintaining the login page take care of that issue ASAP.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:41 pm »
What pops up in the ads cannot be controlled whatsoever, but the on-click ads are there for a reason, and I can assure you it wasn't someone slipping in codes to make it occur, because if that had been the case- it would have been resolved long before now when the login page was first put in place.
The popup ads, just like the ads you see around the forum, is what also helps pay to keep the game up and running. However, if you would like to avoid seeing these ads, I'd recommend (if you're using Google Chrome) getting
AdBlock where it will stop you from seeing any advertisements on all of the websites you visit.

I too have also had some difficulty closing down some ads yet, that cannot be contained and has to be dealt with by users unfortunately. Yet, as I've already stated, getting AdBlock is the best way to go about getting rid of the issue.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Kitsunez

• lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »
What pops up in the ads cannot be controlled whatsoever, but the on-click ads are there for a reason, and I can assure you it wasn't someone slipping in codes to make it occur, because if that had been the case- it would have been resolved long before now when the login page was first put in place.
The popup ads, just like the ads you see around the forum, is what also helps pay to keep the game up and running. However, if you would like to avoid seeing these ads, I'd recommend (if you're using Google Chrome) getting
AdBlock where it will stop you from seeing any advertisements on all of the websites you visit.

I too have also had some difficulty closing down some ads yet, that cannot be contained and has to be dealt with by users unfortunately. Yet, as I've already stated, getting AdBlock is the best way to go about getting rid of the issue.

Aye, I do have AdBlock. New tabs still open, so I'm at a loss

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:39:37 pm »
What browser are you using?
From experience I know the amount of ads can vary on each one.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:38 pm »
It's supposedly just an ad thing, but it does look scary to many people, i've been lucky so far that it's only popups trying to sell me help books or telling me i've won something i haven't.
Wonder why it hasn't been replaced with more legit' looking banner ads featuring cheap flights and concert tickets?  Those are much less intimidating for most people?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

MoonwalkingZear

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:06 pm »
Well I tried it out today only to get a game saying it's intended for adults only, definably not for the intended 13+ demographic on Feral Heart. Unless Raz decides to remove it(only to make the game suffer more hacking attacks, probably one much more malicious than last time), or a magical angel of some sorts give the guys some money we will be stuck with it for a while longer, hopefully not up to the 2020s.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:03:49 pm by MoonwalkingZear »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »
Moving this over to the forum discussion board~
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Kitsunez

• lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:48 pm »
What browser are you using?
From experience I know the amount of ads can vary on each one.

Ah, I'm using Google Chrome--that's where it works best; it doesn't log me out at all (save for maybe once in a blue moon I'll have a bad day of it not connecting, but that's rare)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 02:15:23 am »
The ads should only pop up once before you click on the Username input box. I would just be prepared to close out of the  popup right after you click the box to enter your username. The pop up ads don't pop up more than that. Yes, this is so we have the money to keep the game server up and running. We have them there for a reason. As they only pop up once, they shouldn't be much of an issue for you. Atleast for me, they aren't an issue.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:48:59 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.