Author Topic: How to add "New" to post  (Read 3615 times)

Offline TheOnlyTherian

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Rimah | 18 | Artist | ♉
    • TheOnlyTherian
    • View Profile
How to add "New" to post
« on: July 31, 2017, 08:08:11 pm »
I'm wanting people to respond to my recent posts and get people's attraction. Especially on my commission post and art request post because it makes me feel like my art is not good enough and trust me, I have seen less skilled people get commissions after commissions...not being rude here but I seen that a lot on Instagram, that is why I have a bad view about my art...not saying I'm the best artist all around but I need some support you know?

Been a year without receiving any commissions and also my prices are cheap!
*sigh* I don't know anymore x'D *alone*

in-game: TheOnlyTherian

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: How to add "New" to post
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 08:17:18 pm »
Firstly, Instagram is one thing and this forum is another. Not trying to be rude, but you can't expect from everyone to reply to your thread and expect commissions to happen just like that. For example, some people may like your art but they may not have money right now. In all honesty, I do like your art but I would pay more money for something really good (digital art) instead of wasting money on something less-professional.

Everyone has its taste.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:23:03 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline TheOnlyTherian

• TheOnlyTherian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:22:40 pm »
Firstly, Instagram is one thing and this forum is another. Not trying to be rude, but you can't expect from everyone to reply to your thread and expect commissions to happen just like that. For example, some people may like your art but they may not have money right now.

Yes, I know. But I'm just having no luck on Instagram and also I have posted on other forums too but nothing. I'm not complaining, I know people may not have got the money to pay. Just having trouble finding a way to get attention.
I don't plan to use DA.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 08:24:19 pm »
It takes time, you know? Patience is key. Keep on trying and don't give up. Practise and share your art.~
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:29:46 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline TheOnlyTherian

• TheOnlyTherian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 08:31:47 pm »
It takes time, you know? Patience is key. Keep on trying and don't give up. Practice and share your art.~

I will but it's a bit frustrating and also been a year waiting patiently, think that is a little bit longer to be extra patient? idk xD

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 08:39:13 pm »
As Valhayes said, patience is key. I've been doing art on and off for the past 3 years and I've hardly gotten any commissions. I know waiting for such a long time can put a downer on your art but it's mostly just publicity that you need to work on. Becoming more popular in as many communities as possible can really strike your chances of getting more customers, and I don't know if this is a personal issue or just some speculation, but dA is actually a great source of income for many artists, such as myself, I don't see why you wouldn't use it.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

SugarFrostBite

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:00:56 pm »
Patience is key, but sadly I don't have any patience myself xD

If can't seem to get enough people for your commissions, the why not open request? Not only requests opens attraction to the public, but you can also improve on your art. 

Offline TheOnlyTherian

• TheOnlyTherian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 11:05:40 pm »
Patience is key, but sadly I don't have any patience myself xD

If can't seem to get enough people for your commissions, the why not open request? Not only requests opens attraction to the public, but you can also improve on your art. 

I actually have it opened here but only got one person through tho

Offline TheOnlyTherian

• TheOnlyTherian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 11:07:24 pm »
As Valhayes said, patience is key. I've been doing art on and off for the past 3 years and I've hardly gotten any commissions. I know waiting for such a long time can put a downer on your art but it's mostly just publicity that you need to work on. Becoming more popular in as many communities as possible can really strike your chances of getting more customers, and I don't know if this is a personal issue or just some speculation, but dA is actually a great source of income for many artists, such as myself, I don't see why you wouldn't use it.

I will try to have some more patience and reason being is personal, I might open up again or not...I will see

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »
A little advice:

Sometimes if people aren't coming to you paying for your art you can offer a few free art slots so that people can get more of a taste of what you can do. Plus by offering free art you can gain some loyal fans of your art who may want to actually pay you for commission later because they were so pleased with what they got before. A few fans will also share word about you. Some artists have gotten known simply because I show cased their art in my signature here on the forum and thus they got more traffic their way for simply offering me some free art.