Poll

There is just 2 options for mods, read my post and then vote.

I want Unity3D. I want shaders, i want custom characters.
16 (72.7%)
I dont want shaders and custom characters. I want all mods under game controll.
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: September 20, 2017, 03:18:33 pm

Author Topic: Feral Heart in Unity Engine  (Read 23248 times)

Offline BlazingJosh

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Newbie Feral
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart in Unity Engine
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »
This is looking very cool so far! The screenshots that you've posted so far look really good!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 10:14:09 pm »
Wow, that was pretty quick. How long have you been working on this project, exactly? I'm glad to see that you got this far!

The only negative thing I can say about it is that there's no sound whatsoever making it eerie, but other than that it looks good for a prototype. Are you going to use the current game's sounds or are you making/getting original soundtracks and effects?

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 10:25:24 pm »
I've been testing it just now, and even made a character ^^ Can't wait to see how it turns out when you've finished the other stuff, as you may notice yourself there need to be added some more. I love how smooth and crystal-clear the water is! You did a good job on that.
I have a question though, what is the white sphere/bubble that you spawn on when you log into the game? :)

Here's a pic of my character ^^

doing what i feel like

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 11:07:30 pm »
I've been curiously watching your progress since you've made this thread.

I have tested your project and there are a few things I feel should be looked at:
1: Upon entering the game on my old PC at unity's 'Fastest' video setting, the frame rate of the game seemed to be incredibly low. Is it like this for you as well?
2: There is a quit button at the main/title menu but not in-game.
3: I noticed the project is named "FeralHearthCopy", I personally think this should be changed.
4: There are no sounds for anything.
5: All the menu options are named: "mane1, mane2" and I think it would be better if they actually had names, it is hard to find what I'm looking for with their current names.
6: The GUI appears to be using the Unity textures, parhaps making custom GUI textures could improve the look of the menu?
7: The camera appears to move around whether I want it to or not, I think it would be better if it only moved around while I have a button held.
8: Weight does not seem to do anything.
9: Height, Length and Width seem to be named oddly. Height is actually Length for example.

Also here are a few ideas for the project:
1: Upgraded canine/feline models, others have asked for this before.
2: More models than just canine/feline, such as dragon, deer, horse, etc (As well as aquatic models that spawn in the water and can't go on land, like sharks or dolphins?).
3: Perhaps a simple multiplayer minigame so users have more to do than sit/chat/RP. (Possibly for much later in your project.)

I'm aware that this is in it's early stages and that not everything is present at the moment, I hope the above has provided at least a little help for you. =)
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 03:43:20 am »
Quietly impressed with what you've got so far.

3: Perhaps a simple multiplayer minigame so users have more to do than sit/chat/RP. (Possibly for much later in your project.)

i support this mini-game idea, from what i can tell impressive title had similar offline/minigame mode.  As well as re-creating the map maker if you could make a "campaign minigame" type maker (so very very distant on your list of things to do) that could be interesting...
i've been attempting to create something like it in existing FH, with limited success
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 09:14:20 am »
Is it possible to add a list of selectable animations ingame? So domestic cats don't move like lions, but lions move like lions.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 04:58:47 pm »
Awwe, cute emote. x3
Also, very nice emote creator/maker!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »
Excellent.   Alternate animations for small cats can be found on places like deviantart and put into feral heart (they're modifications for feralheart)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »
Woo! It would be nice to put FH in this light and maybe let the staff have a go at it! I really hope I can see this project at its best.
A good minigame would be like tag, or freeze tag. You get the idea.
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 01:33:13 pm »
Yes there is limit but only if you use network solution by Unity. Becouse Unity support c#, you have almost unlimited power (meme over 9000) to create something by yourself. With this project, i cant use unity network becouse there is multiple problems.
1) server need work by himself with Database on Linux or so
2) there is a lot of custom code that need to be done (preset upload, world save/load, message distribution etc.)
3) as you say, there is limit for online users
Unity network is great for some p2p type of game but this need to be like wow server for example. Just console program work on server and thats it. I already make some prototypes with networking so i know what to do for "basic" connection, movement, byte reductions etc.. but thats all :/ I think i doesnt even need physic on server, becouse you will always see every player in instance (map) so there is no need for physic movement prediction.

And i use Unity Free, becouse i want to share this project with you all so it need to be done with Free version :)

Have you tried talking to Razmirz about the Serverstuff?
Or maybe you can usethe old "Impressive Title" Source-Code, that holds server stuff too? Just for getting an idea how that worked.