Author Topic: What's Happening To FH?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline JustForFun2015

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • //Life Is As Good As You Make It.//
    • View Profile
What's Happening To FH?
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:57 am »
What Do I Mean...? Well, Sadly, TBH, Most Of The Users On FH Are, Sadly, Antisocial. It's Like The Good Ol' FH Spark Of Interest Has Just Drained From Everyone... Sometimes I Miss The Old FH, Where Almost Everyone Was Open To Fun, Rp's Were Not So Over Analysing, And People Would Just Conversate, Like They... I Dunno, Wanna Have A Good Time, Maybe...? Idk, Maybe It's Just Me, But DANG, What's Happening To FH...? <:'/ It May Not Seem Like It But, I've Been With FH For More Than 3 Years, And It Has Been The Most Fun!, But, Now That I'm Back After A Long Time, It Seems That Even Tho The Updates, And Nice Looking Maps Are Amazing, The Overall Moral Of Users Is The Exact Opposite. Thanks For Reading Tho, I Hope This Didn't Sound Annoying.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:45:58 am by JustForFun2015 »
Don't Think About It Too Much, Aight'?

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening To FH?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:01:19 am »
There are a lot of other topics similar to this one but I can't disagree on the topic and I think a lot of other community members can on this one.

This topic didn't sound annoying at all, it is very understandable and I can agree fully. A lot of the people do seem to have lost the overall spark and I think a lot of the older members don't play anymore and so many new ones see the more mature people of the community and follow in the steps. Though, there are some Feralheartians who will talk to you! Just start up a conversation in Local.

Great topic, by the way even though It's been brought up so many times. People are concerned. <3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:02:57 am »
Acca pretty much covered a lot of the bases here. I myself totally agree. There are times I'm in The Grounds and there will be quite a few people around but the chat is totally dead silent. Not to mention people don't spread out either. Hoping in the future this can change though!

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 06:03:13 am »
There really is no issue with expressing your concerns for the game - it just means you care! A lot of members seemed troubled by the noticeable lack of activity in-game, hence why so many of the same topics have been popping up here and there. While it may or may not be annoying by now for some, it's still nice to see that Feralheart has such supportive members.

Accailia made several good points up there. I'd have to agree that not many members in-game have that same "spark" as they had before and it can be quite discouraging for some. Members do come and go, some lose interest or they're simply too busy to engage with the rest of the community. It's something every game community faces at some point, but as long as there are still active members lending their support and contributing here and there, I'm sure it will eventually draw in even more players that would do the same. There are always opportunities and room for growth.

I do hope things end up being alright in the future, though. Feralheart has lasted this long and I'm positive it will continue to remain for a while longer.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 07:10:47 am »
What happened is the player base spent time on 'social' media & became like it, antisocial, and putting sand in their pants as part of their morning routine.
Felines.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline TheWalrider

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Matriarch of Robots | The Terminator
    • PanicAndParanoia
    • channel/UCIuCzhykv3QdoYj6kkWHq7w
    • panicandparanoia
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:28:18 am »
Well, you see, time brings changes and we sadly can't stop that.
I remember the fanbase back in 2012 was amazing, a lot of people, a lot of fun.
At this point FH is overrun with memes and otherwise silent people. You have to be lucky to find some members that are willing to do relaxed roleplays or simply talk actively without flooding the local chat-
Basically, what i do i just gather my friends and stay in a small circle of people. Less stress but also no new people. ;/
My statement probably isn't making sense, i just woke up and i might rework it later whoops

Offline JustForFun2015

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • //Life Is As Good As You Make It.//
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 12:16:07 am »
[Thanks For The Responses, I Appreciate It!]
Don't Think About It Too Much, Aight'?

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 02:28:14 am »
What Do I Mean...? Well, Sadly, TBH, Most Of The Users On FH Are, Sadly, Antisocial. It's Like The Good Ol' FH Spark Of Interest Has Just Drained From Everyone... Sometimes I Miss The Old FH, Where Almost Everyone Was Open To Fun, Rp's Were Not So Over Analysing, And People Would Just Conversate, Like They... I Dunno, Wanna Have A Good Time, Maybe...? Idk, Maybe It's Just Me, But DANG, What's Happening To FH...? <:'/ It May Not Seem Like It But, I've Been With FH For More Than 3 Years, And It Has Been The Most Fun!, But, Now That I'm Back After A Long Time, It Seems That Even Tho The Updates, And Nice Looking Maps Are Amazing, The Overall Moral Of Users Is The Exact Opposite. Thanks For Reading Tho, I Hope This Didn't Sound Annoying.

I don't think it's so much morale, as it is the userbase has changed. Many of the members of the long-running packs/prides that used to be around have moved on with their lives (going to college and gaining careers etc) and/or changed gaming/RP platforms, etc.

The groups that had survived past the update didn't last much longer due to internal OOC drama for the most part. A lot of people were worn out by that sort of thing, and many either left the game entirely or just took a hiatus. For some people the game became less of a game and more of a job. Something they had to do, and no longer enjoyed.  This is more common in the groups with mandatory attendance in an attempt to keep the RP alive, being too strict about it, which inevitably kills it.

There's the opposite problem too, where people who join groups and then don't sign back into those characters, or lose interest quickly; or life gets in the way. School or Work for most, and FH is forgotten or the group is. It happens typically when the Alpha and/or Creator stop showing up for one reason or another and it snowballs the RP into nonexistence when less & less people show up anymore & start shopping for a new group to join.

There are of course those groups that don't seem to rp much, either. I'm one of those people that like to find highly active rp-wise groups; but have a knack for actually joining those that like to idle/group-chat and tab more than anything. That can be a bit of a drain after a while, searching & joining & quitting for the same reasons every time. I didn't join a group to just sit there, y'know?

In my earlier days of FH (which were maybe 4ish years ago now, when I learned what RP was and how to do it).. I'd been in groups that were active and rping every time I was online almost. From Scarlet Letter to Benevolents (sorta), and Unchained; there was someone on, willing to rp or actively doing so every day. These groups were around for years.  Each was around between 2-3 years prior to my joining, I think, if not more. They were also pretty laid back groups, though they had their rules. (General "don't be a bleep" and no power-playing sorta rules, like most groups)

So in -that- way, it is a bit of a morale drain, the constantly searching & joining and quitting groups gets tiring. That said, you still have the people that just hang out at the grounds to watch & talk in local like people used to do at SB or Bonfire. Which is what I've been doing recently (usually as Cade) in between working on the upcoming patch maps with the others involved in that.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 03:13:18 pm »
I have to agree with LaughingWolf, I think that while everything is changing and we are getting these beautiful updates and patches, the user base has remained the same. That can't entirely be helped, I think the only solution would be to open registration and advertise FeralHeart a bit, but unfortunately that can't be done now. What really kept the game alive back then was a steady flow of new users to replace the ones who were going to college and getting jobs and what not. Now it's kinda like a a business who is no longer hiring, as the old employees retire or leave, we only have the few remaining to keep things going.

You are amazing <3