Author Topic: Converting to OGRE.mesh for dummys =D *done!*--AC3D ADDITION--  (Read 19482 times)

Fath

**KEEP IN MIND, NOT ALL THE SOFTWARE NEEDED IS FREE**
**ALSO IS PICTURE HEAVY**
**=3 i like doing these disclaimer things xD**

Okay! another "for dummy's" Tutorial from me *yay* >=D

After a LOT of trial and error, I figured out how to convert the MESH of an object into a OGRE mesh which means you can use it in-game!

Oh, and the weird thing is, there is not a proper tutorial already on this O.e

Preparation! =D

First, you need to download AC3D, Now, keep in mind that it has a free 14 day trial, but after that you need to buy the full version which cost 80$ about  :o  (not sure if you can just delete and re-download the free trial over and over, i think you can though ;D Naughty me)

-Linkie to AC3D website-  http://download.cnet.com/AC3D/3000-6677_4-10403472.html

-Linkie to free full verson? *have not tried this one yet*- http://www.toggle.com/lv/group/view/kl34688/AC3D.htm

Next, Go here and do what it tells you to xD (thanks skyclan btw)
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=1710.0

Ok, AFTER you installed all that and if your computer didn't die (which is always good) Lets get started on the actual conveting stuff >=3

Chapter 1
Actually getting the mesh to OPEN

Ok, im going to assume that you have downloaded the object you want, In this little demo im going to use a cherry tree >=)

First, open the containing folder that you have the mesh in (I always put mine in Feralheart>Media>Objects>My_Objects even when they aren't converted yet, just makes it easier for me)

After you found the files, look for the file .obj, Select it, left click, go to Property's and select "change" and find AC3D and well change it so it opens with AC3D xD

Open it with AC3D

Next, go to File>Export...> and scroll down till you see OGRE.mesh

Click it, and this should pop up

I suggest you don't check any of the boxes, cus when i do AC3D Crashes as I try to save =\  But in the Material box put in the name of the materiel, often the file is called ______.mtl (example, if your tree or whatevers called Tree1.obj [which is the file you loaded] the material's name will be Tree1.mtl) and click Ok =D Next, make sure it saves it into Feralheart>media>Objects>My_Objects and POOF its converted! >=D

Chapter 2

Getting it in-game

Ok, so open up object maker, type in the name of the mesh, and click Add New, and it should pop up (without texture) If your game crashes, try again a couple of times, and if it sill does not work, feel free to ask or PM me! =D

I have not inculded how to convert TEXTURES so you can use them in-game, im making a tutorial for that now xD

[/color]
My Other "for dummys"
High and Low poly-
Presets- Working on
Map Making- Working on
Textures-
Object maker- Working on
Converting into OGRE-

*i know there are tutorials for some of those already, but mine is going to be easier for beginners <3*

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:14:05 pm by Nynth »

Maplesong

Re: Converting to OGRE.mesh for dummys =D WIP
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:20:33 pm »
ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh!!! thank you sooooo much for this!!!!!!!

Fath

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »
xDDD your welcome, but its not *yet* done, getting there though >=D ill probly finish it by the end of the day xD

Maplesong

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »
ok well im trying to get AC3D full version to work since i had the trial before i downloaded the one in your post so it says END OF TRIAL XD

Fath

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:13:47 pm »
DX i tried to find a full one, but it always ends up with the trial thingo =\

Humm... why dont you try deleting ALL of trial AC3D and re-installing it, might restart the trial xD

Maplesong

Re: Converting to OGRE.mesh for dummys =D *done!*
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:58:06 pm »
i have i unistall AC3D and can find anything about it then i redownload but it doesnt work

Fath

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:06:47 pm »
=\ weird... when i get back from camp i will take a look around and see if i can find a way to thwart them xD

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:05 pm »
Should be very helpful for those who mesh :)

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Fath

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 11:12:29 pm »
Lol IM BACK FROM CAMP =D

and thanks Ringo xD

Maplesong

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:58 am »
Welcome back from camp! lol