Author Topic: FeralHeart+ news thread?  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Varagena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
    • View Profile
FeralHeart+ news thread?
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:13:30 pm »
Why did you guys delete it?  Simba himself has complained, but nobody's replied yet, so I'm asking here on the forum.  Does one of the mods have something against FH+?  Not that I don't have anything against it, but what about the users that were watching for updates?  Please, undelete it! 
I see you.....MWAHAHAHAHA.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: FeralHeart+ news thread?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:28:55 pm »
The FH+ news thread has been deleted and it won't be back. There's no point in complaining and posting threads like this.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:35:02 pm »
The FH+ news update thread was snuck into the news section by one of the mods without any confirmation from the rest of the staff, just as the download was put up and the mod was created around a year back.

We have been cleaning up from this mod and been forced to not only watch the game take a serious impact from the changes it has done to it, but WE are the ones needing to read all the users complaints about the mods but also solve all the problems YOU, the players might get.

This mod is not supported in such a manner to have their own news thread on our forum and never were. It has therefor been moved away and should be placed into the mods & addons board where it belongs.

There's more reasons too it that I should not mention on the boards, but these should be clear enough.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »
Simba just told me that Kovu approved if it. 

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:06 pm »
We run the forum though, and we do the work around here as explained, not kov. We spend our free time to take care of most things around here and it's hours each day going into it.

Feel free to message me about if there's need for it. The thread has been moved away for obvious reasons though and it will stay that way.

Offline m4rl33n

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • AHHH! WATER, I'M A KITTY NOT A LIFE VEST!!
    • View Profile
    • A New Life, A new Roleplay.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:18 am »
Yes Red is right. It would be hard looking after both games too couse at the same time he has to answer and help us :D So it's actually not a easy Job
Remember floofies! Need any help pm me!
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=xXRelicaXx

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 05:30:32 pm »
You guys ignore the word of Kovu!? 

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 06:02:59 pm »
Kovu isn't having to deal with the problems of the modded game.

And that's what it is. A modified version of the game. One that requires the moderation team to be split up amongst the two versions. One that causes bugs and many annoying help threads in the boards. Quite frankly, if the download's still up on the Downloads page, I hardly see what the problem is. To my knowledge, the page could just as easily be put on in the Member's Mods/Add on's and it still have the same effect, like Red stated.

As the admins and a few mods have stated, if they're the ones hosting and maintaining this site, its threads, its posts and in charge of assisting those who are involved in, I think it's fair they have a say in what gets its own news thread and what doesn't.

I also feel that if Simba was half as worried about this as you were, he'd take matters into his own hands.

Let the big kids deal with the big kid problems.

Offline Varagena

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:53 pm »
Kovu isn't having to deal with the problems of the modded game.

And that's what it is. A modified version of the game. One that requires the moderation team to be split up amongst the two versions. One that causes bugs and many annoying help threads in the boards. Quite frankly, if the download's still up on the Downloads page, I hardly see what the problem is. To my knowledge, the page could just as easily be put on in the Member's Mods/Add on's and it still have the same effect, like Red stated.

As the admins and a few mods have stated, if they're the ones hosting and maintaining this site, its threads, its posts and in charge of assisting those who are involved in, I think it's fair they have a say in what gets its own news thread and what doesn't.

I also feel that if Simba was half as worried about this as you were, he'd take matters into his own hands.

Let the big kids deal with the big kid problems.

It may be a mod, but it's a Kovu-approved mod--Kovu even says it's official!  And Simba has complained already, but is being ignored. 

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 10:37:12 pm »
Please do not ignore previous posts..

The news thread will not come back, and the reasons are rather clear, the download is still there as cloud posted. The staff is honestly not some sort of rug to walk on, the FH+ mod is not supported by the forum in such manners so it deserves it's own news thread.

I hate this whole going behind the back thing that is going on between some around here, if Simba has a problem with this thread being moved away, he is always welcome to come to me and I will explain the situation. I got plenty of things that could be brought up for the discussion here, but we have all the right in the world to remove that thread from the news section and so it will be.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:47:46 pm by Red »