Author Topic: Attempting account email change, not working.  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Attempting account email change, not working.
« on: August 14, 2015, 01:36:07 am »
Hi, i've been trying to change the email registered with this account as I want to delete my email account that i'm using for it right now however every time I try to the site just tells me that the email I am trying to put as the new one is already used by another FH user.

I am 100% certain that with both emails i've tried changing it to, that they are not already in use, i've logged into each to check whether I had a registration email from FH but no, and when trying to "retrieve" the password for the email adresses in question the site told me there was no FH user registered with these email accounts.

Could a staff member help me out perhaps? Or is there a simple trick to it? I'd really like to be able to change the email as soon as I can, as there's no time like right now to delete email adresses you no longer want.
"I've been playing this game since early 2011"

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.
Regrettable decision Maker.

Echoing harmony

Re: Attempting account email change, not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:23:08 pm »
Hi Liony!

Now I am not 100% sure if there is a way to change your FeralHearts Account Email Address.
But I would maybe take a look here: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.0
If you can't seem to find what you are looking for there.
Send a PM to a staff member and they can possibly help you better than I can.

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »
There is a way to change the email address of your FH account, the problem I am encountering is that when I go to change my email address, (Profile > Account Related Settings), I get a red box at the top that I can not change my email to "[email protected]" because a FH user is already registered with that email address.

However when I log into "[email protected]" on the email website, I can find no such email saying I have registered at FH with this email and when trying to retrieve a password for the supposedly in use email, I get another message from the site in a box saying that no FH user is registered with that email.

I think it's a fault of the site, I'll try contacting staff about it.

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »
'Tis a good idea to ask one of the staff here on the site. In the meantime, however, do ye think ye could make a junk gmail account and see if the site will let ye use it? It could very well be a site glitch that will disappear over time.

Do ye 'ave any friends that may 'ave used y'er email for their account on Feral Heart?

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:24:47 pm »
'Tis a good idea to ask one of the staff here on the site. In the meantime, however, do ye think ye could make a junk gmail account and see if the site will let ye use it? It could very well be a site glitch that will disappear over time.

Do ye 'ave any friends that may 'ave used y'er email for their account on Feral Heart?

I've contacted a staff member so hopefully i'll get a reply soon, I do have a junk email account I could try changing it to, just hope I don't forget the password to it, haha.

There is no one that knows about the email account i'm trying to change it to, plus i've looked in the inbox multiple times, no such registration email is there. Just waiting on a reply from staff now.

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 08:05:04 pm »
Ah, alrighty. Well, if ye do try to change it to y'er junk mail, let me know how it works. ;) Best of luck to ye, deary!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 12:19:50 pm »
I think I know the problem.

A good while ago (think months) my brother asked me if I could make an account for him and I told him he had to wait for the registration to open if he wanted an account, but he wanted me to try it anyway so I did, just to prove to him I couldn't sign him up for one because who wants to constantly listen to their sibling whine at you? (I went directly to this page to show him he couldn't "cheat" the registration opening hour/s: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_alpharegistration&view=register&lang=en&Itemid)

Anyway, I have just remembered this, but I think I used the email "[email protected]", to demonstrate this, and of course this is the email I was trying to change this account over to, I used it back then because I thought "I'll never need this email for this site" because I am beyond stupid.

So I think in the process of me attempting to sign up to the site while registration was closed just to get my brother to stop asking me made the site think that the "[email protected]" was registered, but obviously, it's certainly not.

If a staff member happens to see this thread/post(?) could they perhaps privately message me so I could tell them the email I am trying to change this account to and having issues with so whatever "ghost account" is tied to it can be deleted?

(TLDR; don't try to prove to your siblings who want a FH account that you can't "cheat" the registration, because it'll mess up big time. Whoops.) I am literal FH garbage.

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »
I think I know the problem.

A good while ago (think months) my brother asked me if I could make an account for him and I told him he had to wait for the registration to open if he wanted an account, but he wanted me to try it anyway so I did, just to prove to him I couldn't sign him up for one because who wants to constantly listen to their sibling whine at you? (I went directly to this page to show him he couldn't "cheat" the registration opening hour/s: http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_alpharegistration&view=register&lang=en&Itemid)

Anyway, I have just remembered this, but I think I used the email "[email protected]", to demonstrate this, and of course this is the email I was trying to change this account over to, I used it back then because I thought "I'll never need this email for this site" because I am beyond stupid.

So I think in the process of me attempting to sign up to the site while registration was closed just to get my brother to stop asking me made the site think that the "[email protected]" was registered, but obviously, it's certainly not.

If a staff member happens to see this thread/post(?) could they perhaps privately message me so I could tell them the email I am trying to change this account to and having issues with so whatever "ghost account" is tied to it can be deleted?

(TLDR; don't try to prove to your siblings who want a FH account that you can't "cheat" the registration, because it'll mess up big time. Whoops.) I am literal FH garbage.
That sounds like the root of the issue. If you want to create a "junk" e-mail for the time being, as Enoki suggested above, you can use that until you work out the rest of the problem. If you would PM a Staff member from this page, I'm sure they would be more than happy to look into the matter.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 06:08:10 pm »
I've already contacted a staff member, though it was before I remembered about the registration attempt so I'm going to have to explain that once I get a reply, so that might delay it, darn.

I sent it yesterday, how long do you think it's acceptable to wait until trying to resend a help request to another staff member? I keep worrying i've sent it to someone who gets 100+ a day, that'd be just my luck. (Don't worry, I won't bombard multiple staff members with the same message, just wondering how long I should wait untill trying again with a more detailed description of my problem).

I'll try changing over the email to a junk one today, as i've managed to remember an old one and check that it's still there (nothing worse than going to use an email and finding out they've deleted it amirite?)

Cheers for all the help.

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »
I've already contacted a staff member, though it was before I remembered about the registration attempt so I'm going to have to explain that once I get a reply, so that might delay it, darn.

I sent it yesterday, how long do you think it's acceptable to wait until trying to resend a help request to another staff member? I keep worrying i've sent it to someone who gets 100+ a day, that'd be just my luck. (Don't worry, I won't bombard multiple staff members with the same message, just wondering how long I should wait untill trying again with a more detailed description of my problem).

I'll try changing over the email to a junk one today, as i've managed to remember an old one and check that it's still there (nothing worse than going to use an email and finding out they've deleted it amirite?)

Cheers for all the help.
The estimated time for a response can vary, but it could take a while since the Staff is very busy with other concerns as well. Patience is key. It's best to only send a message to one Staff member because it keeps thing more convenient. There's no need to send your message to multiple recipients to resolve the same problem, yes? It might be a good idea to inform the Staffer that you messaged about your recent discoveries to your issue, or else they could be mislead.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.