Author Topic: Attempting account email change, not working.  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Liony

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Attempting account email change, not working.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 02:23:16 am »
Update/Overview, colour coded for ease of understanding because too many email variations:

I was attempting to change my email from email1@example .com to email2@example .com but the site was saying there was already an account with the email email2@example .com which I know for a fact is untrue as I had checked the email (junk and spam included) to see if I had any account confirmation emails and I also tried a "retrieve password/username", to which the site said there was no user registered with the email email2@example .com

I then attempted to change the email to a junk email account (email3@example .com) I had as a temporary measure as I needed to delete email1@example .com, which resulted in me being locked out (shock horror) of the account with no means of getting back in as I never received a confirmation of email change on email3@example .com.

I contacted staff member "Bawfle" on a old FH account I still had access to and managed to get my account (Liony) re opened luckily.

However, this account is now apparently tied to the email email3@example .com, which I was sure I had misspelled.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that there may be an issue with the site, as it refused to change my email to email2@example .com "because there was already a user with this email" but let me change it to email3@example .com, and then never sent me a email change confirmation email to it.

Also, when I tried to "retrieve" the username for this account just to test whether the email was in working order, the site is saying there is no user registered with email3@example .com.

So. Either there's; 1. an issue with the site, or 2. a staff member had changed it for me as I had mentioned I tried to change this account's email to email3@example .com, or 3. this all happened because I have insanely bad luck.

It's a shame I can't change this account's email to email2@example .com as it's still saying there's a user registered with that email address but at least my account is no longer tied to email1@example .com so I can delete it.

I don't intend on forgetting my password anytime soon, so in my eyes it doesn't matter if the site pretends this account isn't now linked to email3@example .com. Hopefully it'll sort itself out.

Cheers to staff member "Bawfle" (BigBangTheory) for sorting my problem.

Edited: Edited email examples so the colouring worked, curse links and their pre-determined color that prevent them from being coloured.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:26:37 am by Liony »
"I've been playing this game since early 2011"

Tau.
Map Maker.
Bad Pun Maker.
Bad Object Maker.
Regrettable decision Maker.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 05:35:11 am »
Glad to see things are in somewhat working order! ;D If ye did misspell the third (junk) email, then 'twould 'ave sent it to the email ye typed in. (Like [email protected] would receive the confirmation email instead of [email protected].)

Also, Buffy may 'ave confirmed it for ye so ye wouldn't 'ave to go through all that again. X3

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 01:04:40 pm »
Will lock this for you, dear

Happy to be of assistance c:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone