Author Topic: Activation link not working  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Pewdaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Activation link not working
« on: October 03, 2015, 01:18:15 am »
So, recently my friend attempted to make an account..she got the email and everything but when she clicked on the link it gave her an error. She tried and tried again, but it did not work? Help.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Activation link not working
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 01:30:06 am »
Maybe she should try closing her email and then reopening it and wait a while, then try again.
I have this issue with some links in my emails sometimes for activating accounts on websites.

Did she wait too long to activate it or do it immediately?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:31:50 am by ???? »

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 01:48:57 pm »
Sadly, if you take to long to activate and the server closes, then you have to wait for it to re-open again. However I believe there is now a function that deletes un-activated accounts? I think there was a link to an email to help somewhere in the Game help boards. (If I find it I'll post it here) but basically it helps activate your already made account. However you could just try again once the registration opens :)

Offline Pewdaw

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 06:39:35 pm »
Maybe she should try closing her email and then reopening it and wait a while, then try again.
I have this issue with some links in my emails sometimes for activating accounts on websites.

Did she wait too long to activate it or do it immediately?

She opened it immediately. When it opened it was an error, she went to the FH site and registration was closed? Maybe that's it. Hopefully it will work when it opens today. Thanks guys.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »
I have experienced not getting an activation e-mail before, but when I logged into the game the account still worked. Maybe this can be the case for your friend?

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »
If the link isn't working, it means registration closed before activation. Just have your friend send the activation link using the email she registered with to [email protected] and wait. It may take minutes/hours/or even days for the server to activate it, but it's the manual way of activating her/his account.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Pewdaw

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 12:40:26 am »
If the link isn't working, it means registration closed before activation. Just have your friend send the activation link using the email she registered with to [email protected] and wait. It may take minutes/hours/or even days for the server to activate it, but it's the manual way of activating her/his account.

~ Whisper

Will it give her a notice when it is activated or?

Offline Pewdaw

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 12:43:17 am »
I have experienced not getting an activation e-mail before, but when I logged into the game the account still worked. Maybe this can be the case for your friend?
She tried that, it said "Incorrect Username/Password." I think she just needs to wait for the registration to be open again. So sad.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 01:17:16 am »

~ Whisper

Will it give her a notice when it is activated or?

It might, but your best bet it to keep trying to log-in. If this doesn't work, it might be best to create another account.

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 01:22:52 am »
So, recently my friend attempted to make an account..she got the email and everything but when she clicked on the link it gave her an error. She tried and tried again, but it did not work? Help.
Feel free to message me, dear, and I'll see if I can help you further.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.