Author Topic: forum game login page redirects to ads/scams if you misclick ANYWHERE on the pag  (Read 3106 times)

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
https://feral-heart.com/login/

if you click ANYWHERE AT ALL except the login buttons for username and password and stuff
it will instantly redirect you to a random scam/website with suspicious content like "ONLY 18+!! SIGN UP NOW!"
and other bad stuff
Please check that it hasnt been hijacked or anything!
Can anyone staff do something about it??
Something is definitally wrong because it does that on every device i have. i even tried it at a friends computer at his house.
And it doesnt matter if you have adblock or not it still happens. tried on many devices.

Anyone help? is this intended?? or hijacker??

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
There should not be more than one ad to click out of. No, the site is not being hijacked, it is just automatically generated ads. These ads help pay for the server. You should be able to close out of the one ad and then login as normal.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:19:04 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bread

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Trash
    • View Profile
I have this problem too.
One solution that seems to work best for me, is navigating the page by using the "tab" button on your keyboard. By doing this you can easily be able to type in your username and password without having to click on the page. Then when you're all done, just hit "enter".
Hope this helped c:

The site isn't being hijakced, this is just how the creators get payed so they can keep the game up. Just be careful when navigating the website. And if any tab does pop up, close out of it as quick as possible.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:17:49 pm by Jellie-kins »
Very lazy avatar by me | Trash | Henlo
I used to be Jellie-kins

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Yes, this is pretty much normal.

It is indeed how the staff pays for the game and runs it, basically. There isn't much we can do except hope they rid of it one day, I don't believe it is a virus because I'd have one if so.

Hope this helps.<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
You can also try logging in from your smartphone. Just make sure you reset the page every hour, so the game doesn't log you out.
Good luck and I hope your problem will be solved soon!

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
The ads are their way of trying to get money for the site and the game. Alot of people use AdBlock, so they are putting those ads there to try and get some money for the site and game. If those are bothering you, just close them when they pop up. The staff need money for the game, and it's their way of keeping the game running.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
I dont have a smartphone. I'm not a rich family with all the touchscreen fancy devices. im just on a cheap dell pc from 2004
i use chrome
but the problem is the ad redirects you to a VERY SUSPICIOUS website
Even if you have adblock and popup script blocker installed.
the ads should NOT redirect the page to a random website asking you to register.
And the ads should only be clickable on the banner bars themself. not anywhere on the whole page.
and they shouldnt replace the FH login page with their own signup page.

Its not a popup though! it actually redirects you from the FH login page to their own sign up page. so theres nothing i can do about it but press the back button

but the ads should not disobey the ad banner area and envelope the whole page with a click event over the entire page that redirects you. Thats suspicious behavior. and should not be allowed.

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
I dont have a smartphone. I'm not a rich family with all the touchscreen fancy devices. im just on a cheap dell pc from 2004
i use chrome
the ads should NOT redirect the page to a random website asking you to register.
And the ads should only be clickable on the banner bars themself. not anywhere on the whole page.

Its not a popup though! it actually redirects you from the FH login page to their own sign up page. so theres nothing i can do about it but press the back button

but the ads should not disobey the ad banner area and envelope the whole page with a click event over the entire page that redirects you. Thats suspicious behavior. and should not be allowed.

Did you read the comments above? The staff need money for the game.

The ads are their way of paying for it. What would happen if the money dried up?
No more FH. So: Either, deal with the ads and close the ad popups when they open themselves, deal with it yourself or use the tab button on your keyboard.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile

I can understand the frustration, however as I stated before, the ads should be closable. In no way have the ads replaced the login page. You should just be getting an extra tab with the popup. I actually don't get banner ads myself, only popup ads. Sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this, but to me, the ads are controllable because I can close out of them. I am in Google Chrome as well.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
Hopefully this isn't necrothreading, but popup ads shouldn't be necessary. Little sidebar ads? Sure, okay. I know users have adblock sometimes but I'm sure something can be coded to prevent the use of it, I've seen it done.
I'm genuinely concerned that these popup ads are going to lead to malware, considering most of them are the "You've won ____!" scam.