Author Topic: forum game login page redirects to ads/scams if you misclick ANYWHERE on the pag  (Read 3108 times)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Hopefully this isn't necrothreading, but popup ads shouldn't be necessary. Little sidebar ads? Sure, okay. I know users have adblock sometimes but I'm sure something can be coded to prevent the use of it, I've seen it done.
I'm genuinely concerned that these popup ads are going to lead to malware, considering most of them are the "You've won ____!" scam.

It's very difficult to get enough money sometimes, and that's why the popup ads are there and always will be. I don't think there's any need to prevent the use of it as you don't see many (if any) donations being made towards the game apart from what the Staff might be putting into it.

It's very easy to avoid malware, all you have to do is press the '
x' button and make sure you don't click on anything the ads provide; not to mention simply having AdBlock can prevent it. Therefore it's better to be a little more self-efficient in avoiding the ads, rather than asking the Staff to do it for you. Again, it's very easy to avoid the malware that the ad links may have included.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

baltowolflover

Sorry if this is "necroing" or whatever, but honestly, I need to state something here. I think you all are missing the point on what the original post means here.

The problem isn't mainly the ads, like sure, ads on the side of the page are okay, but this is different. What the login tab does is redirects you towards ads, and they are very suspicious. Even if they don't have malware/viruses/etc it's still pretty... off. And yes you can exit from them, but paranoid people like me tend to freak out over them anyway.

I understand if they need money, but it's better to just have ads on the side of the login page instead of redirecting you to one. It's fine if they spam ads all over that page as long as it doesn't redirect and aren't suspicious, but until then, it's just a huge problem. I don't want to deal with an ad in order to play a game, just saying.

Once again I know they need money, but the login tab forcing you to deal with suspicious ads shouldn't be the way to get it.

sorry if this sounded harsh or anything I probably should've worded this better
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:04:11 pm by baltowolflover »