Author Topic: Scary ad that must not be there!  (Read 2047 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Scary ad that must not be there!
« on: May 31, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »
I tried to log in to the Play Game page and it opened up a tab containing an ad that put pop-up dialogues on my screen and even managed to fullscreen itself. It told me to install a web extension. I didn't fall for it but what if someone were gullible enough to install that web extension(The ad tries to force people to download the potential PUP). I found it very difficult to close the tab containing the ad.
That page also had an audio track playing on loop that said something that I didn't take the time to listen carefully to.

That ad should be replaced by an ad that's less frightening.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:56:33 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Scary ad that must not be there!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »
Sadly I don't think Razmirz can exactly "control" what ads you come across when clicking on the Play Game tab. However, if you really want to get rid of the ads completely, you could get AdBlock. Although, having ads open up is what helps to keep this game running.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 08:14:16 pm »
I do have AdBlock, but that does not stop the ads from appearing whenever I try to log into the play game tab.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »
Unfortunately they are a given and can be annoying but as Shurtle mentioned it helps pay for the site and I believe Ramirez cannot monitor what appears.

Krankheit

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:36:14 pm »
Don't worry, it's been happening for a while. There's tons of 18+ ads and those click-bait ones but as long as you eventually get them closed you're good. Some of them will use pop ups to stop you from closing them so you have to make sure to close the pop up and then the tab itself.

It's a game of itself, really. I find it fun seeing if I can close the advertisement before the page even loads. But, yeah, these can't be controlled and FeralHeart is a free game so they're not going to make their forum free of ads with no serious funding. They don't do any harm unless you go with them, really.

I actually went along with one of those 18+ games and it told me that the game didn't even exist anymore. Pfft, it's funny, really.

But, yes, adblock-- numerous adblocks can't get rid of them. I've tried but no cigar. It's just a matter of dealing with them. Sorry about this but it's borderline impossible to get rid of them.

Offline FlyingGrass

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • FlyingGrass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 09:23:05 pm »

It's a game of itself, really. I find it fun seeing if I can close the advertisement before the page even loads.

Almost every single time I have an ad pop up, I close it before the page loads.

The one time I failed to close the pop up ads was when I discovered that ad.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:28:27 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Krankheit

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 09:51:26 pm »
Mhm.

I have yet to experience your advertisement. I've never gotten one that's gone full screen though it seems, with time, you got out of it so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Perhaps it's one of those rare advertisements, like a shiny Pokemon.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 10:11:59 pm »
I've had multiple *cough cough ahem 18+ adds* that have popped up fullscreen (some even with noise O-O") that have been a pain to close. I've also had adds trying to sell me used cars or trying to tell me I won a free iPhone 10 (seriously??? a TEN????)
I actually think it has to do with the new forum itself as not as many adds popped up with the old forum. Even when it did have the "play game" button, it didn't necessarily as many adds as the new forum does now. I really think the only way to stop it is to switch to the older /outdated/ forum that we had before, but chances are is that that's never going to happen.

Krankheit

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 10:55:03 pm »
It's not the forum, Wolflover.

It may have something to do that in order to play we have to log in to a certain thing on the website and different advertisements may pop depending on the webpage. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it's not the fact that they updated the forum.

It's simply because it's a free game and it needs that support-- but sadly they can't control where they're getting it from.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »
Raz can request which ads he does not want popping up from the login tab. Simply copy the link and pm it to him here on the forums

But note that I'm not sure if the "cannot exit" ads are always the same ad, or if different ads behave differently (so one ad you have trouble closing out of could be completely fine for someone else and vise versa), so with that said I wouldn't start linking him to every ad that you have trouble closing out of (as frustrating as this may be) and instead link him to the inappropriate/18+ ones

I hope this makes sense
Farewell everyone<3