Author Topic: Lost Kitten  (Read 2249 times)

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
Lost Kitten
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:20:38 am »
Right, so this is quite a serious question. I have three 10 week old kittens. One went missing around 3 hours ago. We think he may have escaped outside because my mums friend was over and they had all the doors open because it was hot. (Although he was in the Kitten room with his two sisters and his mother. But he's quick to run whenever we open the doors to let them roam the lounge.)  Now, I was wondering what you guys think. If you were a kitten, where would you go? He must be very scared and I'm hoping he hasn't crossed any roads. We don't have Coyotes, Snakes or big birds such as Eagles but there is one black Labrador that often comes around our backyard and I fear someday he may hurt the poor thing. The kitten is extremely loveable towards us so I don't think he would've gone far, but who knows? If you have any idea on what might happen or any knowledge about lost kittens please comment. I know this is really off-topic but I decided to turn to you guys for some help. ;;

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Kitten
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:34:51 am »
Moving this to the Discussion section

Honestly it's tricky with kittens because they're innocent and they don't know danger pretty much anywhere is fair game for them to wander. I would suggest though looking around your yard if you live in a house. If you have a porch look under and around the house. If the kitten did get out and got scared he'll try to hide somewhere high or somewhere really low and dark. I wish you the best with finding it hun :( I hope the little one is safe.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 07:46:16 am »
Yeah, I've looked just about everywhere. Asked neighbours too and also checked under the house, played a mothers distress call hoping he'd respond to it. I set up a camp outside for him in-case he comes back. (Total noob.) And thanks I also hope he comes home safely...

Offline Loumental

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:22:11 am »
Oh, I'm sorry... *cuddles*

Do you have any pictures? If so, put them up around your town. My cat Diego ran away three years ago after we moved to a new house, giving him to my aunty for a while. Noobishly, my aunt let him out and he was over the wall and gone. He meant everything to me. I asked one of my friends back in my old town (quite far away, the other side of the country) and she said she saw him the other day.

Amazing where kittens can get to.. but I hope you find him soon, dear.<3

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:29:42 am »
Thankyou for that. I read on the internet if they're young and inside cats they won't go far. I recently heard a faint mew coming from the bush but couldn't quite investigate because some people next door were partying because of New Years, and it was very loud. I know he's around, but he might be too scared to come out.. and it is quite cold out so I suppose he's also seeking warmth and shelter from the bushes. Thankyou for your help though.

Offline Loumental

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • iPeanutbutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »
cAh, you should really check around your garden, trees and bushes right about now. It must have been him. Kittens don't like loud noises :c

ID by Ruffian323
Signature by StygianInk

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:20:59 pm »
Think like a predator of a cat. Which ear do you hear the faint meow the most? Go the way you hear the faint meow the most. If it starts getting quieter go the ear it sounds loudest and keep doing it until you get to a place where he might be. If that doesn't work, go get some catmint it might not work though. And wave the catmint everywhere to try and get the kitten to smell it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:24:23 pm by PokemonXY »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 05:03:19 pm »
As I others suggested, check around the bushes. He might be hiding there, especially if you have a garden with bushes. If he is hungry, try coaxing him out with some food, perhaps?

I hope you do find him in the end. <3

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 07:02:44 pm »
Hey guys!

Thanks so much for your help. Around 6:45am today I was wandering about outside looking for him and I heard a loud meow. The mother was with me and she followed the sound so we found him by our front doors porch. :) He's safe and warm now, and thanks once again for trying to help me! <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 07:06:08 pm »
Thank God! I'm so happy for you and the kitten. You guys should give him a name maybe having to do with New Years since he was found today :) lol hopefully he learns his lesson never to do that again. Thanks for the good news Cloudfire.