Author Topic: I need help before putting the August 22 Markings in-game. (SOLVED)  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
I just learned how to put downloaded markings in-game,but I have 2 questions before putting the August 22 Markings in-game.

1 - Is there any problem with the August 22 Markings that people seem to have recently?
2 - If I replace a marking texture from the August 22 Markings with the one that I already have on my FH textures folder,will that change majorly the marking that I replaced? (For example,replacing the Underfur marking from the Default FH Markings with the Underfur marking from the August 22 Markings.)

I would really appreciate an answer for this from a user that already has (Or had) the August 22 Markings in-game. Thank you in advance! ^^
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 04:27:01 pm by Wolfypuppy »
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.

Offline StormClaws68

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Constantly hunting for RPs
    • View Profile
Re: I need help before putting the August 22 Markings in-game.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:44:35 pm »
I haven't heard any problems with the August 22 markings (or if I have, just don't remember right now  :P) so you should be fine. HOWEVER, make a copy of your FH folder just in case, so you don't lose anything if you have a problem  ;)
I'm pretty sure that it will not overwrite any of the markings that you have UNLESS, they are named the same thing

For example

NOT Overwritten:

Underfur.png
NewUnderfur.png

Overwritten:

Underfur.png
Underfur.png
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:47:28 pm by StormClaws68 »

Kellin <3
Click here to view my characters!

If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Offline Ka$h

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:16:47 pm »
1- There are no problems at all. You shouldn't worry, it all works great.

2- All of the default (normal) markings would still be there. You will have the normal ones + the new ones. Cool, right?
You can have other fur packs too, FH can fit lots of markings from other places in the textures folder.

I hope I helped you, feel free to message me if you need any more help.
Hello there!
If you need any help PM me!

Offline Wolfypuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:02:27 pm »
Okay,thank you for you both,I put the markings on the FH textures folder and put the old ones in a separated folder. =3
Now,the thing is,there's some marking codes and images that are acting pretty weird,causing them to be replaced with other random marking images in-game,such as the Monster Hunter and Zebra ones. Is this normal? The download link where I downloaded the markings is this one -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1sgdb8j2z6egpc/22+Aug+-+Markings.zip

But,I've seen a topic relating this exact problem,which is this one -
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=38548.0

So... I think there's a problem with some of these markings...?

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:06:05 pm »
Okay,thank you for you both,I put the markings on the FH textures folder and put the old ones in a separated folder. =3
Now,the thing is,there's some marking codes and images that are acting pretty weird,causing them to be replaced with other random marking images in-game,such as the Monster Hunter and Zebra ones. Is this normal? The download link where I downloaded the markings is this one -
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g1sgdb8j2z6egpc/22+Aug+-+Markings.zip

But,I've seen a topic relating this exact problem,which is this one -
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=38548.0

So... I think there's a problem with some of these markings...?
(Oh gosh that old topic. LOL)
But anyways, yeah, that's normal because of how the marking names are aligned in the .cfg file. If you do need them, just move that one marking section in the .cfg before a few more markings. It's not really worth it, bet eh if your testing markings it's helpful.

Offline Wolfypuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 03:47:11 pm »
(Hehe,it seems like it. xD)
Okay,so I'm deleting the codes and the images of the markings that don't work,and I'm deleting the codes and the images of some markings that I don't want too (Such as the MP ones). Is that alright? I just don't like some of the markings that are on the pack. >_<'

Offline Ka$h

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »
(Hehe,it seems like it. xD)
Okay,so I'm deleting the codes and the images of the markings that don't work,and I'm deleting the codes and the images of some markings that I don't want too (Such as the MP ones). Is that alright? I just don't like some of the markings that are on the pack. >_<'

I think it will be alright. I deleted one of my markings and it still worked, but I don't know if it will work with you.
Hello there!
If you need any help PM me!

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »
Ah yes, some of the markings in the pack are not in the correct order as Alpha said in the .cfg. I think it may be fixed in the next addition if there ever is one, but be sure once installing them you say 'Yes' to overwriting any original files, as it may mess up the markings if not.

Hope this helps floof~
~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Wolfypuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 04:26:43 pm »
After a long time of checking,I finally made it! The rest of markings that I didn't delete are working perfectly on both models! ^D^
So,I don't really need to post anything more on this topic,I think it can be locked now. =3