Author Topic: A tutorial to open FH on a different way for Mac users.  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
A tutorial to open FH on a different way for Mac users.
« on: May 31, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »
(Because,I can't think on a better name title than that. Yeah.)
So,I have a method for users that are having that problem when you try to open FeralHeart and it shuts itself without opening the game. I used to have this,but I managed to get the game to work in a very different way,without deleting anything. c:

Here are the steps to do it:

Open the FeralHeart folder,and then click on the FeralHeart icon holding the left ctrl key.
Then,there will appear a list next to the icon. Click on what says "Show Package Contents". You have to hold the mouse while going to click on that button.
Then a window shows up with 2 pastes and 1 program called Wineskin. Click twice on that program.
It will appear a window with Wineskin,listing these buttons above the Quit button: Install Software,Set Screen Options and Advanced. Click on the button that says Advanced.
Again it opens a window with some commands. Do not make any changes to what can be changed in there in order to make it work. Click on the button that says Test Run. You'll see that the FeralHeart icon appeared in the tool bar,which means the game is running. After the game goes to the initial FeralHeart window (When you can change the rendering system,set the game to fullscreen and such) Click and hold on the Wineskin icon on the tool bar until some commands appear above it. Then,still holding the mouse,click on Quit. Wineskin will shut down and the game will work perfectly,without any problems. You will still be visible to all players including friends and do all things on the game.

If you want to open the game again after you shut it down,repeat the steps above.
(I don't know if this works for ALL Macs,I only tested it on my MacBook Pro.)
I guarantee you that this method is 100% safe,I myself in order to go to the game have to do this,and it never caused problems to me.
And that's it,feel free to comment below about this.^D^
Sorry about no screenshots ;n; but I can't take screenshots of my computer,sorry.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:05:25 pm by Wolfypuppy »
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: A tutorial to open FH on a different way for Mac users.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:19 pm »
Arr, lookit this.
I can already foresee much aid shall come to a bundle of Mac users with this tutorial. I like the fact that it's pretty simplistic and straight to the point. Kudos to ye', ma'dam.
gone

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: A tutorial to open FH on a different way for Mac users.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 08:58:55 pm »
Thank you very much cx I think I pretty made it clear to understand. I too hope more users will come to the game after knowing this method,not wanting to brag myself.
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.