Author Topic: 2 Questions/issues occurring in FH for me.  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
2 Questions/issues occurring in FH for me.
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:26:22 pm »
Okay so I have 2 questions about FH as the title says. Both of them are related to in-game. And here are they:

1. - How do you put these symbols: '{' and '}' when typing? I try to do the Alt+Shift+8/9 trick,but it always shows this: '(' and ')'. However outside FH the trick works perfectly for me. I'd like some help for this mainly for fancying Bios.

2. - This is the one that is the most upsetting for me currently. It's basically this: When I try to enter in Fluorite Plains when there are around 200 members,it always crashes. However I can enter it at the morning on my country time,when there's less members on there. It's mainly about the lag I'm sure. Even if I take off nametags or things like that,it will not work. It just seems IMPOSSIBLE for me to go there at that time. On Bonfire it will sometimes take me only 1 crash for me to enter on there,but not always. It often seems to not lag for me. I have 3 maps downloaded,the August 22 markings pack the Pawesome Item Pack V5,Tearless's Star Mod and a Pawpad Mod. It started when I downloaded the August 22 markings pack,and before that I had the 3 maps mentioned above,Tearless's Star Mod and the Pawpad Mod,and they never caused crashes to me. I really would appreciate at least some tips for me to reduce this crash frequency.

My computer is a Macbook Pro from 2013. Please,anyone can help me solve these questions/issues? Thanks in advance.
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.

wolfdog01

Re: 2 Questions/issues occurring in FH for me.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:22:25 pm »
1.) The buttons are right next to the P and under the +/= sign on most keyboards. It should have signs like: [/{ and ]/}. If you hold down shift and click on the it will give you the {/} Though that wokrs for me, not sure about yours.

2.) As for the crashing, it is more than likely either the pawsome pack or the MM, some computers cannot handle how much is in each pack and so it causes some users to crash or have their game slow down and glitch up a bunch. If you are fine with seeing marshmallows and maybe no items, then just get rid of the pawsome pack and the MassMarkings.

Though I don't have a Mac I hope this helped! ^^

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:33:42 am »
1.) The buttons are right next to the P and under the +/= sign on most keyboards. It should have signs like: [/{ and ]/}. If you hold down shift and click on the it will give you the {/} Though that wokrs for me, not sure about yours.

2.) As for the crashing, it is more than likely either the pawsome pack or the MM, some computers cannot handle how much is in each pack and so it causes some users to crash or have their game slow down and glitch up a bunch. If you are fine with seeing marshmallows and maybe no items, then just get rid of the pawsome pack and the MassMarkings.

Though I don't have a Mac I hope this helped! ^^
As for your first question, I believe Thyme has summed it up
And for your second, yes MM and any large Items pack can cause FH to crash
Personally, I dont like to download MM because they cause my computer to be slow, lag, and eventually crash.
SO, I would recommend re-downloading Fh and not downloading a MM pack.
I know I know
You dont want to see them marshmallows, but you may continue to crash if you re-download it
Yet, not having Items may do the same thing, and keep you from crashing
~Shay
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:49:33 am »
I don't think it's lag from internet as Shay said, it may be from Mass Markings and downloaded items you may have. If you have more them a Single Core PC, you can try looking at this tutorial on how to make your game more stable and faster. Try this before uninstalling/removing stuff, it may be of use in the long run ;3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline DekkaDemon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:55:27 pm »
I have a Macbook Pro from 2013 as well (I don't know if that makes a difference) but I have the exact same problem, and it is definitely caused by Aug 22. I just bare with it because there's nothing I can do about it *shrugs* However, once I deleted the feline markings (I roleplay canines) and it seemed to slow down the crashes a bit. You could try this, but there's no point really.
Sorry about this, it's just because Macs are real bad with games ~

Offline Wolfypuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:52:50 pm »

This is an image of what my Macbook keyboard is like,as you can see there are no '{' or '}' buttons on the keyboard. I don't know,maybe it's pretty much because of the keyboard not having that buttons... :c

About the second question/issue... Yeah,I knew the problem was with the Aug 22 markings pack,but I'll firstly try some of the tips on some topics around the Help Forum to see if I continue to have the problem frequently on Fluorite Plains. As for what Whisper said,I only can play FH on this Mac... Dx So yeah. But if what I said above doesn't work,I'll try what you guys said :3 thank you for the help! ^^

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »

This is an image of what my Macbook keyboard is like,as you can see there are no '{' or '}' buttons on the keyboard. I don't know,maybe it's pretty much because of the keyboard not having that buttons... :c

About the second question/issue... Yeah,I knew the problem was with the Aug 22 markings pack,but I'll firstly try some of the tips on some topics around the Help Forum to see if I continue to have the problem frequently on Fluorite Plains. As for what Whisper said,I only can play FH on this Mac... Dx So yeah. But if what I said above doesn't work,I'll try what you guys said :3 thank you for the help! ^^

Er, a core is like a processor lol, there should be a sticker stating how many cores your mac has ^^ And the {} keys I don't see, as you said. There is however the [] keys. Hold Shift and press 8 for [ and 9 for ]. Hope this is useful!

~ Whisper

Offline Wolfypuppy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 03:47:12 pm »

Er, a core is like a processor lol, there should be a sticker stating how many cores your mac has ^^ And the {} keys I don't see, as you said. There is however the [] keys. Hold Shift and press 8 for [ and 9 for ]. Hope this is useful!

~ Whisper
Oh my gosh sorry,I understood that the wrong way Dx *Is a noob at that kind of computer things* it's a 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5. and the [] keys that you see are supposed to be the () keys. It may be a little confusing,but there are the () keys,not the [] keys. (Sorry but that was the best matching image to my keyboard for me to use :c )
On another note... I edited my game's view distance to a smaller distance,and it seems to run smoothly. I only had 2 crashes on FP for now... I just have to wait until FP reaches around 200 members on there. I'll let y'all know if I have more future frequent crashes again on this topic. ^^
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 03:59:29 pm by Wolfypuppy »

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 07:00:58 pm »

~ Whisper
Oh my gosh sorry,I understood that the wrong way Dx *Is a noob at that kind of computer things* it's a 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5. and the [] keys that you see are supposed to be the () keys. It may be a little confusing,but there are the () keys,not the [] keys. (Sorry but that was the best matching image to my keyboard for me to use :c )
On another note... I edited my game's view distance to a smaller distance,and it seems to run smoothly. I only had 2 crashes on FP for now... I just have to wait until FP reaches around 200 members on there. I'll let y'all know if I have more future frequent crashes again on this topic. ^^

Ah, glad to hear you found the brackets tho, ^^ They don't have to be the fancy {} ones. And the crashing may/will stop with lower view distance, since you wont see as many characters before reaching the area. ^^

~ Whisper