Author Topic: Random Friend Requests  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
Re: Random Friend Requests
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
I think the creepiest thing that ever happened was when I was on one of my private maps all by myself and I suddenly got a friend request. I sat there for the next five minutes just looking around thinking "How did you find me? D:"

Creeeeepy :D
It happens on every social media. FB, twitter etc.. People want to just grow their list of friends even if they don't know half the people on there. It's sometimes just about ego and who's got the biggest list.

So, unless it's somebody I've already chatted to/gotten to know them/known them before already, I ignore as it can be annoying when people request without saying a thing.
I can be very friendly and will add just about anybody, but only if I know who you are! ;)

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 07:28:44 pm »
I get random friend requests, however I only accept people I know and are friends with...

...As you can tell. lol I think people send them just so they can have a lot of users on their list- maybe they think they really know the person? I don't know, reasons vary.

I to have 95 and counting ouo, I don't mind them, but why? We never talked.......oh well c: I only accept people I know

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2014, 09:46:33 pm »
I get quite a-... Lot. Think I was up to 233 unapproved requests before the counter reset itself (will dig up a screenshot). It's often quite disconcerting-- especially when you've never spoken to the person. I generally don't accept them unless I've roleplayed or held a conversation with them; it's a terrifying moment when a yellow dot you barely know converges upon your group!

(My alt-chill account, Crookfish, accepts no one. Lurk lurk.)

Offline Wolfypuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 02:29:33 am »
I honestly don't ever accept random friend requests. No offense,but IT'S JUST AS THE PIC ON THE FIRST POST SAYS. IT'S LITERALLY MY REACTION EVERY. TIME. o-o
I mean,I understand they may want friends... But like that,without even getting to know the person first? Not my style,sorry. :c
And I also don't accept because... Well,I'm extremely shy towards people so I don't ever whisper to them about the friend request they sent to me,unless I'm really forced to whisper them,so I usually just keep quiet after removing the request from my Requests box.
Meh,what must I say? It just frightens me. D:
Thankfully I don't get a lot of them.
I've quit FeralHeart,and I'll probably not come back. Sorry.