Author Topic: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!  (Read 57272 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: (PROBLEM WITH VISUALS?) Updating your graphic cards drivers!
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:10 am »
help red please >.<  I've been having some white character glitch that I can't seem to fix. my driver is updated and everything. I have Vista and everything else works perfectly fine D: no matter what i try i can't change fur color or anything. I see other characters in the game white as well.

Edit: Actually anybody help plz XD

The white character glitch is something we don't know a solution for yet. Some cards just don't support FH rendering mode. Not sure how this will be fixed.

Quote from: corneielle
Well... I'm doing this thing but this really got on my nerves. :D English is not my mother tongue and reading this topic is like hell. But well...

I check the name of my card and it was... Radeon Xpress 1300. ffffft? But there was also something like... eh matching device? :D And there was something like ATI blabla.

So, if I now think that ok, my card is that ATI or something. I klicked  the link and now I don't know what to do. :(

klick

well?
You gotta know for certain what card you have. Installing different ones can give you problems.

And just follow the steps. But on that page you are now. You just need to choose what you have in the dropboxes with the info I helped you get in the tutorial. Simple as that.

That what's half of the tutorial is for. To help people find out what sort of drivers they need to download.

When you know what you have. Just drop down the boxes and choose. The site will automaticly find links to the newest ones.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

CookieSkittles

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:09 am »
:\ Kay thanks Red, at least now I have some hope XD

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 03:52:15 am »
I beleive for the white character glitch it is not a graphic problem, now im not a genius at computers or graphic cards at the least but my bf is having this problem and yet hes played so many games on his computer all of which require a good graphics card. Maybe it is something small im not understanding with it but hes played games higher then FH graphics and never had problem, he did have to change the ogre settings so possibly it could be something with that? From what ive read researching white character bug it came with the ogre error first then when thats fixed still lil things in game (water and character -white-) end up being messed up. Ill try to help him as much as i can before having to buy a new graphics for him, but if i do find a solution ill definitely fill yall in on it :) Also Red that was a great tutorial u put up, ^-^ was never hard to keep track of each step ty :D

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:40 am »
Sorry for double post but i did some research for these 'White Characters' . It seems those who have white characters need presets made. Its only way they will be able to have a character of their own. So sadly no custom making. I made my bf a preset and it works for him, he still sees other ppl as white and im bout to try the preset file where if i have it and he has it we both can see what we look like. He doesnt care since he said hes gonna be with me most of the time lol but it is unfortunate he cant see ppl cools custom chars or mess with FH character system :\ But least he can play with a char he personally likes and to others he looks like a regular preset 1 char so its not hard for me to find him amongst all the neon colors i see haha ;) Until The white character can be explained more by admin or someone testing as well(or graphic card if necessary) its all info i have atm :\ and only way it seems to have fun on FH. just happy he can play atm teehee <3

Edit: Sorry Red if this was wrong place to post this, just figured this is where most ppl go for their white char problem, id be glad to move it else where if u need :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:17:57 am by Missy »

Inga-Lina

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 03:50:38 pm »
Yeah well, I found something like... ATI Technologies Inc. -yhteensopiva (it's like... matching)

But. First step on that ATI page is "Select the type of system that you have"... haha, I'm stupid but really, those Desktop Graphics, Notebook Graphics, MAC graphics don't tell me anything.... altough I know that my computer is not mac. :D And I tried all of those but I find just one Radeon Xpress but then there wasn't Radeon Xpress 1300 at all. :/

// Oh, now I get it! Desktop it's like computer on the table! Is it? But wah, notebook? And TV tuner...? :S
And yeah, I didn't find my that graphic card that I have... :/

I went to FH's settings and changed the display from "OpejGL" to "Direct3D9", restarted the game, and everything suddenly works. I've no idea why, but for future reference if anyone is experiencing similar problems this is all I did to fix it. It was a bit of a pain in the butt because I can't see my cursor, but after some mad clicking I was able to get it.
I'd like to test this first. But... well, how? :D Where I find FH's settings?

Oh, I found something but there isn't anything about display... Feral Heart file and there was settings but there wasn't anything about display. Well then?

Sorry for bothering you again. :/
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:56:01 pm by Corneille »

CookieSkittles

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 11:18:21 pm »
XD ty for helping Missy, I guess i will just make a preset :3 off I go!

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 12:48:39 am »
Np Celestal ^-^ just glad i could help, ill still be looking into it with him to see if i can fix it :P

Sakura1

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 01:38:43 am »
where can you find the Feral hearts settings?

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 01:52:06 am »
You can find them in computer>harddrive>FeralHeart   If u look around depends on setting u want. There is emotes one there, game settings and if ur looking for the one use to solve a problem by switching "OpejGL" to "Direct3D9"  go into ogre.cfg open it with notepad if it asks for program and there u can switch the settings :)

Offline pkf4

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 01:54:39 am »
my charecter doesn't have color how do i fix it