Poll

What do you think?

Sounds good.
9 (100%)
Not so good.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Some in-game changes you can do!  (Read 2659 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Some in-game changes you can do!
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:01:06 pm »
Mini, in-game changes you can do!

I was just sitting down roaming the site and this suddenly came up in my mind. I thought that it wouldn't harm to look further into the Feralheart files such as the .cfg, .dll and .dat. So I made some research about them and apparently the .dll and .dat files hold the source codes of the game, and it can be opened using a program called .NET reflector which is a decompiler, and I am trying to figure out how I can open it so I am searching for some tutorials. Apparently it is a long process from what I've seen, so I will need some time until I give you an update about it! :3 Do not try this though, I don't want you damaging your game. I am trying this to see if it's possible to suddenly make a change because I can read some of the codes since I am working as a volunteer in game coding. In the mean time, enjoy these changes you can do!

1- Changing the bulletin into your own notes!

This can be useful if you want to remember anything for the next day, or someone has requested you to do something. To do this, it's simple.

1- Open 'bulletin.cfg' using Notepad.
2- Now remove all the sentences typed in there. If you would like to have a sentence or word underneath one, for example like this:
[Friday]
Meet my friend in Fluorite Plains.

[Sunday]
and so on...

I'll use this example, simply just type: [Friday]%Meet my friend in Fluorite Plains.%%[Sunday]%and so on...%.

You must use '%' to make it work and everytime you use one, it takes up a space.

and if you don't want any spaces, just type a normal sentences like you normally would without the '%'. The space is limitless so type as many things as you like! :) If you have any questions, please ask.

Work in progress.... (Working on something else at the moment, I will edit it soon! <3)

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Some in-game changes you can do!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 09:11:39 pm »
Didn't know you could actually do that. .o. NOW I HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE PERSONAL NOTES IN, AHA!!
Thank you for making this Ritatalia, this is very helpful to me, and I'm sure it'll be handy for other people as well. <3

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Preach

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 09:40:02 pm »
Woah, that's so cool! Thank you so much for posting this. I know many users will appreciate it.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:50:23 pm »
Thanks floofs! I really appreciate your comments! <3 And I thought someone might of mentioned it in the past, but now I don't think so. :)

I've got something to say too, very important. I think I am in the way of finding the codes of the game, I am seriously shocked by what I have opened right now because I am staring at some codes I can read and some I don't. I am not 100% sure though, I have to edit it first and check. This will be a big miracle if it worked, I am keeping my hopes limited. O.O If it does work, well, I'll be the happiest person here now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:54:31 pm by Ritatalia »