Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55356 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2018, 04:38:48 am »
Everyone else has said my thoughts already, but is this just some passive-aggressive way to get back at all the people who have had complaints about the FH staff over the years? Because this is not at all what anyone wanted. This isn't a compromise or a solution.

I don't think this decision was thought out at all. Though based on Feralheart's track record of spontaneous decisions without any prior input from the community, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not much else to say at this point.

Exactly what I thought.

Everything has an end but if this means the end of FH then idk man that'll kinda suck!! Thank you Razmirz very cool

wolfdog01

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2018, 05:00:48 am »
I don't understand and I am scared. :)
Maybe he is trying to bring all these old members back by grabbing their attention? Maybe this is his breaking point? Tired of the game? A prank? Who knows. We'd better enjoy September while it lasts! I know I haven't gotten online in a while but this is making me want to run out and stay on it all day until October 1st comes around.

Is this FH's purge? Like "For the next (month) all crime is legal." Gonna be fighting to survive lol
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:22:29 am by wolfdog01 »

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2018, 05:49:54 am »

After going through and reading everything I admit...I am not very fond with the distasteful words and images done toward Raz.
He may be server master, but he also counts as a Staff member who's words should be considered. I admit I may not agree with
the idea he has, but the main word we all need to pay attention to is the fact he did say this was going to be a TRIAL. There
is no harm in there being a trial, and he did mention if it turns out to go belly up extremely fast then he would stop the trial early.
I am sure he is still thinking of what is best for this game, but he is also doing what he can to see if it can become better. Ideas
shouldn't be shot down or insulted. Only listened to, and have a proper discussion about. All the negative comments will end
up doing is making Raz infuriated with the member base or even make him more than likely want to backhand chibi versions of
for being so rude to him. We should give him our respect and the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his ideas that he thinks up.
If it was not for Raz this game would not be running, and more than likely we wouldn't have that log-in safety feature he added in back
when the game got taken over by trolls. He does his best, and all we can do is give him our feedback.

Raz, I can see where you are definitely coming from but I do feel you are giving the young ones in the community too much trust.
Yes, some younglings are responsible and would not abuse this power, but there are a decent amount who would abuse it. Also
we can't truly trust some in every age group. In my years of knowing people there are a lot of petty people out there. Some enjoy trolling
when given the power to do so, and some just don't quite understand how things are done. Either way as much as this could be a possible good idea
I feel for now the community and member base is not ready for it. Though my biggest suggestion is to first talk with your fellow staff on it, and find out
what they feel on your idea. Maybe you all can come up with something together you can all agree on.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:31 am »
After going through and reading everything I admit...I am not very fond with the distasteful words and images done toward Raz.
He may be server master, but he also counts as a Staff member who's words should be considered. I admit I may not agree with
the idea he has, but the main word we all need to pay attention to is the fact he did say this was going to be a TRIAL. There
is no harm in there being a trial, and he did mention if it turns out to go belly up extremely fast then he would stop the trial early.
I am sure he is still thinking of what is best for this game, but he is also doing what he can to see if it can become better. Ideas
shouldn't be shot down or insulted. Only listened to, and have a proper discussion about. All the negative comments will end
up doing is making Raz infuriated with the member base or even make him more than likely want to backhand chibi versions of
for being so rude to him. We should give him our respect and the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his ideas that he thinks up.
If it was not for Raz this game would not be running, and more than likely we wouldn't have that log-in safety feature he added in back
when the game got taken over by trolls. He does his best, and all we can do is give him our feedback.

Raz, I can see where you are definitely coming from but I do feel you are giving the young ones in the community too much trust.
Yes, some younglings are responsible and would not abuse this power, but there are a decent amount who would abuse it. Also
we can't truly trust some in every age group. In my years of knowing people there are a lot of petty people out there. Some enjoy trolling
when given the power to do so, and some just don't quite understand how things are done. Either way as much as this could be a possible good idea
I feel for now the community and member base is not ready for it. Though my biggest suggestion is to first talk with your fellow staff on it, and find out
what they feel on your idea. Maybe you all can come up with something together you can all agree on.
you're completely missing the fact that he didn't talk to the staff team at all about this. does it come off kinda shady?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:09:39 am by WolfQueen »

Offline StarrieNova

• Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2018, 06:09:08 am »

you're completely missing the fact that he didn't talk to the staff team at all about this. does it come off kinda shady?

I did address it in my passage, but it was further down in my message.
I do know him not really talking to them about it was kind of a bad choice on his part, but it is not our right to really
be cruel to him in return for it. Shady? I wouldn't say it was a shady choice. I would just say it was a lapse in judgement
or something that slipped his mind. We as a community do have to realize he more than likely doesn't get to discuss what
happens to this game too often. As was stated in a previous message by an old staffer. He is a server master. Someone who
keeps this game running and nothing more. That's not entirely true. He appears on the Staff, and his ideas should be
considered. That I feel was a bit mean to say to this man who takes time out of his life to keep this game running for us
without a word of thanks. I admit his idea should of been discussed with the other staff, but all this post is was him asking us
what we thought and to test out an idea he had. It's him testing things. He won't let it get out of control, and if it does it
will more than likely be a lesson learned on his part. I don't feel disappointed in him or see him as any less for what he did.
It's just him trying to make his own form of contribution to things.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2018, 06:12:09 am »

I do know him not really talking to them about it was kind of a bad choice on his part, but it is not our right to really
be cruel to him in return for it. Shady? I wouldn't say it was a shady choice. I would just say it was a lapse in judgement
or something that slipped his mind. We as a community do have to realize he more than likely doesn't get to discuss what
happens to this game too often. As was stated in a previous message by an old staffer. He is a server master. Someone who
keeps this game running and nothing more. That's not entirely true. He appears on the Staff, and his ideas should be
considered. That I feel was a bit mean to say to this man who takes time out of his life to keep this game running for us
without a word of thanks. I admit his idea should of been discussed with the other staff, but all this post is was him asking us
what we thought and to test out an idea he had. It's him testing things. He won't let it get out of control, and if it does it
will more than likely be a lesson learned on his part. I don't feel disappointed in him or see him as any less for what he did.

thinking raz will actually listen and cooperate with us is expecting too much from him tbh.

Offline StarrieNova

• Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2018, 06:29:38 am »
thinking raz will actually listen and cooperate with us is expecting too much from him tbh.

Now I feel saying that is a bit too harsh on this man.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2018, 06:36:27 am »

I don't particularly see anything about him asking us for our input on the idea. It's more of a "I'm doing this", with no further explanation. Nothing about how this idea came about has been explained. Even the staff are concerned at how this could be problematic. I trust the staff, and Raz, but this idea seems rather risky. I think the community are just afraid that this may cause a bump in the road for the game. They even mentioned the cancellation of any parties, so it's an unfortunate situation that has upset a lot of users.

He asks if we think that the in-game community needs babysitting, but I wouldn't say that. It's to keep things balanced, just like how we have authorities in the real world. The staff are there for a reason, and they've done a fantastic job with keeping everything steady.

Although this is happening, I think we all need to band together and stay positive. There's no use in arguing about it.

This is being said because of past experiences, there has been a lot of silence from Raz since the last update. I don't expect people to have high hopes with it all due to that silence and his responses to our reactions, but it's always good to do so. Just have a little bit of faith that this will get sorted out.

Offline Kahbloom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • Happy Camper
    • Kahbloom
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2018, 06:38:39 am »
This is such a horrible thing to wake up to.
I've been playing this game since '12. It's become like a second home to me.

I very much dislike this idea, as do several others.
Several people on Feral-Heart are immature & will do anything & everything to get under each other's skin. I wish that this was not true, but, in reality, it very much is. Feral-Heart's main audience is children/younger teens.
You're giving them way too much power.

I'm nervous to even log into the game. Not that I believe anyone has a personal vendetta against me, but this system is silly.

I'm also very disappointed that you did not even confer with the staff team.

Please listen to your community. Don't do this.
Please say hello if you see me in-game!
kahbloom.deviantart.com

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2018, 06:52:29 am »

it was his responsibility to discuss this idea with the rest of the team and not completely throw them under the bus. there's a lot more to this as well, including not allowing the next patch to become available.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:54:06 am by WolfQueen »