Author Topic: Hunting ability  (Read 5543 times)

hemuli

Hunting ability
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:47:31 pm »
Like many other, I'd love to have a hunting ability. Like IT.

In the moment, FH is just like an online chat. IT was a game, not just a chat. Many of my friends think the same, and I think there's so many other, that could really like it. Or then IT-creators should just fix Impressive Title.

Kirsui

Re: Hunting ability
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 02:27:27 pm »
For a long time, IT too was just a big online chat very similar to what FH is at the moment. Remember, FH is still new and under development. :)

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »
Yeah, the idea of bringing prey back is a brilliant one in my veiw :D Since I've gone and explored everywhere and people already have their little social groups that dont allow other people in, so it's a tad boring fo some people Hunting sounds like fun...

Offline RyuuWolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • hasnt been on for 2 years wow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:51:39 am »
Well, Kovu probably wont bring pray into the game (forgot the reason why x_x), but maybe an attacking pose and a paw swipe motion like from IT would be exciting, instead of standing in place saying "_____ scratched her pray" c:  Although, I do have to agree that it is a bit boring with all the chats going around, and role plays just aren't what they used to be (like from IT when everyone was at default, and people would spread word about their role plays c:) But Kirsui is right, just gotta wait, and send in those ideas of yours :D

TealSkeletore

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:18:36 am »
Actually there was a thread during the first week or so that this forum was up which Kovu posted on. I forgot what he said but if you dig it up you'll find it xD I think it's called Hunting update or something like that.

Irkalla

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:54 am »
Hunting would be awesome

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:56:18 am »
Actually there was a thread during the first week or so that this forum was up which Kovu posted on. I forgot what he said but if you dig it up you'll find it xD I think it's called Hunting update or something like that.

Just tried to look for that and I can't seem to find it...

weylin

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:30:40 am »
Hunting ruined RP when it became an item hunt. On its own, however, it could have a positive effect.

I wasn't much for the idea of collecting cures and such expendable abilities, but I think if you allowed map makers to design their own systems (see the Map Scripting idea) Then people can create a wide array of game types, from RPGish, to more of a simulation.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 09:24:01 am »
Item hunts I found fun actually x3 When it was designed to be an item hunt RP though, not when it's meant to be just a normal RP. I thought the items were very rewarding, and gave me something to do :3 The range of prey was fantastic as well.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:38 am »
FOUND IT : D

Here's what Kov said:

i've actually a fairly different idea of how hunting or any sort of fighting will be like, but i'll prolly open it to discussion before implementing it :'D
basically i thought of putting together features of games that i liked, namely:
Skill system from Guildwars (and the pretty icons), Skill creativity in DoTA, teamwork + survival concept from L4D, 3D realtime battlestyle from Kingdom Hearts.
But those will naturally make hunting seem more like fighting than actual hunting.
Still, i thought it might be fun, so maybe we can have several different zones that allow different activities.
Just thinking aloud C:

And here's the thread:  http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=145.0